1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Big Mess Bar-BQ

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by westie, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big Mess Bar-BQ at Sam's Town

All-U-Can-Eat Summer Special

An endless platter of Smokin' Sam’s BBQ Meats! Choose any combination of Brisket, St. Louis Ribs, BBQ Chicken and Carolina Pulled Pork, served with sweet corn on the cob, coleslaw, BBQ baked beans, cornbread and honey butter. Includes bottomless lemonade, iced tea, or soda.

Only $14.99!

Served until 6:00pm.

Note: restaurant closed Mon + Tue

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish they would say how long they're running this for. We'll be there 9/14 which technically is still summer . . .

3. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably same time as summer room specials end, which is 1st week of September after labor day

4. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is December still summer?.....

Just kidding, wish I could partake of the special, my next trip out is in December.

Still might try it.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried this place on one of the last trips. It's not bad, really, but nothing to go out of your way for. I think I had a sampler plate of some kind, but, LOL, don't really remember. I guess it was not that memorable, huh? One thing I remember was the place was mostly empty during the main dinner hours.

I'm still p*ssed at them for closing Billy Bob's, which was in the Big Mess location. Also for closing the coffee shop and putting in yet another TGIF.

Also, as an aside, I consider that name ("Big Mess") to be one of the worst restaurant names I can remember. (Others: "Ground Cow", "Chubbyville", and yes, "Fatburger".)

6. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    > I'm still p*ssed at them for closing Billy Bob's, which was in the Big Mess location.

I agree 100%. Billy Bob's was great. We usually sat at the bar. Now we might pay Daryl (bartender) a brief visit at the steakhouse, Angry Butcher, (another stupid name) for Happy hour.

We have not been back to Sam's Town, which used to be our home away from home, since they scuttled the Gold Card and other decent offers. We now go to the Suncoast instead. Love the Happy Hour at the Suncoast.

- bcc

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to this one on our last trip. It's very good but spendy for what you get. Again, the place was mostly empty during what should have been their busy period.

Yes, I agree the name is not the best. Kinda reminds me of Hungry Hunter, which was once an Orange County steakhouse. Maybe they thought it up when discussing the old "third word -gry" riddle. :) :) :)

8. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With this special, you can catch yourself a good case of the meat sweats!

9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanna eat at the "Big Mess Bar-BQ" ! Why? 'cause I wanna make a BIG MESS and then go back to the room and into the toilet to make a BIG MESS! :p

10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya know? With all of this talk about Big Mess and Angry Butcher, I really have yet to hear anyone rave about either one. I've been to both and found them ok but not exceptional. Both were mostly empty during dinner time.

My guess is that they may not last long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Daryl is great. The Rock Shrimp appetizer is great. I will go back if I know in advance that it's comped.

12. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

I am another that will mis Billy Bobs.
    Same goes for the Copper Kettle as well as others.
    Unless I am missing something, they think things have to change. It is usually for the worst.

13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I was off strip I'd have to try the brisket (at Big Mess)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.