1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR VIP access pass - what good is it?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jhpa, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an "offer" from Total Rewards saying I have this VIPAccess pass. I will be in Vegas twice before it expires. Has anyone used this and what are some worthwhile things it is good for?

2. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had it for the last couple of years and have used it once.
    I used it to cut the line at Flamingo to grab some coffee and breakfast sandwiches.
    Pretty much useless, being platinum already affords you much of the same privileges.
    Doesn't cost anything , so you may as well get it.
    Maybe you can discover more uses for it. Unless they start giving access to the diamond lounges, it is just a marketing tool.

Anniversary Trip
  3. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like Frank says, it's free get it.
    Uses:
    1. Easier access to CET buffet lines.
    2. Free access to all CEt swimming pools.
    3. The best reason: Checkin at Diamond rooms. I find Diamond checkin better at getting free upgrades.
    4. Use of Diamond checkin computer to get SW airlines boarding passes 24 hrs. before flight.

4. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the VIP Access Pass on my last visit to Vegas and it's pretty much Diamond status minus the free show tickets and Diamond Lounge. I found it useful for checking into the Diamond Check-In Area, which allowed me to check-in early without a fee. They also waived my resort fees (YMMV). It allowed us to skip the line for the buffet and for the taxi, which was nice because we were all dressed up and didn't want to stand in the heat too long. We also got to use the pool at Caesars Palace even though we weren't staying there, which was awesome because Caesars has -- in my opinion -- the best pool area in Vegas. Apparently, it also gives you VIP access into a bunch of clubs, but that's not really our scene, so we didn't use that.

5. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you get the resort charges waived?
    Show the card at check-in or have your play reviewed at check out?

Anniversary Trip
  6. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I showed the card at check-in and they told me they were waiving the resort fee. I checked in at the Diamond Check-In room.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.