1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What day of the week to choose for a vacation day?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by in4mation808, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our office has this dumb "seniority" vacation calendar. Based on your seniority at the office, that determines who gets to choose days for vacation first, second, third, etc.

Being that we plot this a year in advance, and surprise, surprise, I'm first this year, I get dibs on choosing days I want. I have my Vegas trips plotted, but looking to just sprinkle some added days here and there. So, thinking which would be better as a day off.....Monday or Friday. Or maybe even Wednesday?

What's your preference in taking days off from work?

2. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you travel, then you will want the vacation day adjacent to the weekend. If you golf locally then midweek could be good.

Depends on what you want to do.

3. RibbonCat

RibbonCat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like either Mondays and Fridays but for different reasons. Fridays because it drags waiting to get out of there and Mondays because they suck and are usually the busiest days at work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband has been in retail his whole work life...so weekends are meaningless. We actually prefer mid-week days off. You can get stuff done. And in terms of holidays, it's not as busy. We also avoid going on vacation during traditional school holidays because we have no kids so who cares? We can avoid the jacked up prices and traffic.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, it's Monday.

I seldom wake up Friday morning pledging my first-born to the gods in exchange for a few more hours of sleep. I almost always wake up on Monday doing so.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any day that ends in y works equally well for me! :D

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all depends on what we have planned. In most instances it makes sense to piggyback on weekend, holiday or days we already have off for our getaway. Bu sometimes you just need a daycation.

8. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TOTALLY this. I hate waking up, but Fridays are a good day, as I know I can sleep in Saturday.

I never like Mondays.

I'll personally always pick adding a Monday off versus a Friday, but that's just me!

9. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm keen on the Wednesday idea also. Mondays can be bad, but imagine thinking "only one more day until my day off!". Then, as the poster above me stated, Fridays always feel kind of nice anyway... So then after your Wednesday holiday, you've only got one tough day to go before Friday!

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monday. Nobody does anything on Fridays anyway. Thursday is the new Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer Mondays. I used to get 240 hours a year of annual leave and you could only bank 240, so sometimes you had to get creative. Its not easy spending 240.

12. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If we're extending a weekend we choose Mondays because where we like to go the hotel room rates are much lower on Sundays then they would be if we stayed on Fridays.

13. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to be able accrue vacation and bank time but now we get our time upfront at the beginning of the year and have to use it up. But they also put vacation, sick and personal in one bucket. I almost never call off so it's like an extra week of vacation. For Vegas, that's usually when I take a full week off and go for four nights. More often than not I leave on Saturday because it's become a surefire day for a cheap fare out, come back midweek and have some recovery time before I go back. When I don't take a full week I have a long weekend that involves skipping Monday because that's a crappy day at work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.