1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mobile Check in at MGM resorts

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Knucklehead69, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone used the mobile check in for MGM resorts. They say that you can check in up to 24 hours prior to your arrival and when your room is ready you get an email and can just pick up your keys from the mobile check in desk...
    Does it actually work this smoothly? I'm thinking about using this for my upcoming trip to the MC...especially with the mess that is their registration desk area.

2. xraykimber

xraykimber Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did mobile check in in March for 2 rooms at the Mirage. Very easy! Scan the code they send you and select the number of keys you want and they pop out! They had 4 mobile stations open at the Mirage and very user friendly ipad like computer screens. We even got to check in at 1230 with no early check in charge.

In June I was planning to do the same thing at MGM. The check in line was huge so I was happy to use the mobile check in. MGM only had one computer open, even though it looked like 4 other stations were covered up and closed. At MGM they had an employee that touched the screen and did the mobile check in. She also said she needed to check ID. I was a little worried because I was checking in and the reservation was in my husbands name. Either she didn't look that close at my ID or it was ok the names didn't match. She wasn't friendly and I would have preferred to do it myself.

I did have to check my junk email and enter the credit card used to make the reservation. It asked what time you wanted the room so both times I put noon and received an email shortly after that the rooms were available and give you the room number. Much better than waiting in line unless you are trying to upgrade or make special requests.

3. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used it last year at Aria, was a total breeze. I told them what time I would arrive, walked in at that time, hit the mobile check-in kiosk right inside the valet entrance, signed something, was handed my keys and was at my room, front door to room door, in less than 10 minutes. Seriously wish it was that easy everywhere in town. Checking OUT was another matter...

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Television checkout is great and easy.

It takes a minute or two to figure how to navigate the checkout but it is better than standing in line.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just leave. Don't check out.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish I could do that but being from Canada I always pay in cash as I don't want any credit card charges while I'm there.

7. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the mobile check-in thingy at NYNY and Mirage this year. It asks a LOT of questions (more than the one for CET) and has you re-enter all your personal info as well. But it's worth the hassle. Got the notification email from both that my keys were ready by noon at NYNY and by 1pm at Mirage with no early check-in fee. Hope to do it and get in early at NYNY in 2 weeks.

8. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it works it's great but it is very unstable. Last trip a few weeks ago I used it at MGM and it was fine. The following week I moved to Mandalay Bay and the system was totally down and they redirected everyone to wait in line.

9. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's great when it works. That same Aria trip I tried using the TV to check out. No dice. Tried using the email checkout link THAT ARIA SENT ME. Not working. Tried to call the front desk, waited 10 minutes on hold, no pickup. And this wasn't at 11a, I had late checkout so it was closer to 2p when the system shouldn't be overloaded. Finally I just left the keys in my room and bolted. I prefer to at least see a final bill before I leave, but in this case no choice.

That said, as I noted the check IN was easy as pie, and I don't usually have any issues in or out at MGM props, so eh.

10. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my mobile check-in e-mail about 5 hours ago for Luxor. However, I am checking in late today (Saturday) and I am going to see if they have an upgrade I can get. My angle is that everybody or nearly everybody should be checked in by the time I get there and see if there's a free suite upgrade or a better view available than what I would get with my mobile check-in.

11. Packeral

Packeral High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So how did it go. I'm going to be checking into the Mirage around 9:30 on a Sunday night. Was thinking about doing the same as you.

12. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of rooms can people expect to get when using mobile check-in? Do you get to specify no low floor rooms?

13. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both times I got the standard room, no upgrade. I did make a request for a room without a connecting door and was denied.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bbbruce

bbbruce Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried it once at the Mirage. After waiting a couple of hours after arrival for the text that my room was ready, I went to the desk and found that my room wasn't ready yet. But they went ahead and assigned me another room of the same type that was already cleaned. This was for a 4 pm check in. So, we got a room at 6 pm that I could have gotten at 4 if I had stood in line for 30 minutes and gotten a room right then.

15. Pointblanke

Pointblanke Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used it on our last visit to NYNY. I checked in the afternoon before we arrived. I got the email notification and QR code for our room shortly after our plane landed at 10:00 am. It was convenient, but no chance to try for an upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. parti_73

parti_73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is this there way of not giving away upgrades i.e $20 trick?

17. Dzm3428

Dzm3428 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I arrived early at 8 am. At 8:08 am I got the email that my room was ready at Monte Carlo. Super easy

18. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that's great to know. My flight arrives at 6:30 AM so hopefully I will get the email from the Monte Carlo that around that time!

19. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No $20 trick with this method. I'll wait ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Reom_76

Reom_76 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm headed to MGM Grand next week on two Myvegas comped nights. I like the idea of skipping the line but I was hoping to pay for an upgrade at check in (too timid to try the $20 trick). Is there any way to pay for an upgrade using mobile check in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.