1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carbone vs Scarpetta's

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Gino, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to do both coming up in November. Any suggestions and info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scarpetta is well known for it's spaghetti, highly recommend it. I personally like the setup in Scarpetta over Carbone because it overlooks the Bellagio fountains.

I feel like I've had better service at Carbone. Popular items are veal parm, spicy rigatoni, and the meatballs. I was there less than 2 weeks ago with 2 friends and we shared the veal parm, spicy rigatoni, meatballs, lobster ravioli (would skip this), salad, baked clams, and nutella tiramisu. Excellent meal!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks JoJo. Some of the review I've looked at since I posted this say the service at Scarpetta is kinda snooty..I don't give a fuck though - I'm a fat Italian guy, so I'm eating at both this November; plus snooty restaurant workers make me laugh.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scarpetta's service was good, it's just that Carbone kind of takes it to another level. Both solid picks and making me want to go back right now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget the Caesar's salad at Carbone. One of the best Caesar's I've ever eaten. JoJoR nailed the meal pretty much exactly, we've had the lobster ravioli and agree that the spicy rigatoni is better. We eat at Carbone every trip, going the day after Memorial Day and I can't wait.

Never eaten at Scarpetta so I can't compare. .

• Like Like x 1
  6. mildcigar_2001

mildcigar_2001 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Scarpetta before the first of the year. I'd seen something previously on the Food Network about how good their spaghetti was.

I will agree their spaghetti and meatballs were very good, but I (and the two people who dined with me) found very little else on the menu to like and order (such as soup or salad or appetizers or even desserts). To put it nicely I guess our tastes are not adventuresome enough, but a lot of the menu was too "fancy" for our tastes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've yet to try Carbone. Based on the reviews, I really need to, though.

I was incredibly underwhelmed with Scarpetta's spaghetti - so little flavor. But the pork I had as my main was insane. So f'ing good. (Service was pretty weak)

Overall I was actually much more impressed by D.O.C.G.

8. Geauxtgr

Geauxtgr Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carbone is a must in Vegas. It is honestly our favorite restaurant in Vegas. It is a great all around experience.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Love Love Love Love Scarpettas
    Foie Gras ravioli a must try
    Diver Sea Scallops were perfect every time
    Tagliatti is amazing
    Simple Spaghetti was very good Iv tried like hell to make it at home and keep botching it up

• Like Like x 2
  10. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate at Scarpetta last week. Loved everything about it. Great cocktails, great service, marvelous food. We could make a meal of the bread basket (with eggplant caponata), the steak tartare appetizer and dessert, even though the spaghetti and short rib agnolotti were superb.

• Like Like x 2
  11. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to try Scarpetta for the first time this weekend (well. Monday) during their Social Hour, can't wait!! :)

I have heard the meatballs at Carbone are divine. Since I'm staying at Aria, might have to pop in there. Is it a sit-down joint, or is there a bar where I could just order the meatballs, then bail?

12. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The meatballs at Carbone are solid. Carbone does have a bar you can eat at. If I remember correctly, it sits 10 to 12 people.

• Like Like x 1
  13. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carbones had better food and service. Scarpetta tables are too close (had someone know over my wine glass while they walked by my table). Meatballs at Carbones are amazing and table side bananas foster...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.