1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just a little story about my stay at Cosmopolitan

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by in4mation808, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had checked in to the Cosmo last week Tuesday (6/13). Everything was awesome. They gave us a room in the Boulevard Tower. I've never stayed in that tower ever. And I've been there 3 previous times. The room was perfect. Straight in line with the Bellagio Fountains and not too high and not too low of a floor.

The view was amazing! Here's a picture:
    [​IMG]

We had dinner reservations and needed to get out. So we made our way to the elevator. When we pressed the button, the down arrow would not illuminate. Thinking it was an error, we waited........and waited....and waited. No elevator came. We went back to our room. Called the front desk and asked if there was anything wrong with the elevators in the East (Boulevard) Tower. The person confirmed that there was. Apparently, there was a kitchen fire in Jaleo and that had triggered something in the software to cause the elevators in that tower to go haywire. It was in a testing sequence as nobody could go up or down.

This was 8:30pm.

We finally saw some gentlemen (guests) coming from the service elevators. The gentlemen said that downstairs was a complete mess with people wanting to come up as well as go down. People had dinner and show reservations and were in a panic.

Needless to say, we never made our dinner reservation. Had to opt to go across to PH to have some delicious Earl of Sandwich sandwiches. <---like my tongue twister there?

Anyway, we came back and it was 11:30pm and the elevators were only partially working.

My beef with Cosmo is that there could have been a little better communication of what happened. Of course, there are tons of floor and rooms to deal with. So not sure what they could have done to communicate with everyone who was stuck in their room.

We took the freight elevator down.....just wanted to share what the area looks like, as I know many wouldn't even see this back of the house area on the daily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn..well..when they locked down cosmo because of that gunman on the bus...a group of like 7 of us found ALL the secret passageways

• Like Like x 1
  3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks. Sorry for the hassle!

Which restaurant wouldn't let you change your reservation after such an ordeal?

4. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's terrible that you missed your reservations. Somebody should invent a way for people to go up and down floors when the elevators are down :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a bummer. Communication is not one of the Cosmo's strong suits. Every single time we have checked in here, we have had issues. When we checked in yesterday, they texted us our room# and sure enough, neither key would work. Had to wait in the key/info line for 25 minutes to get new keys. Not even a hint of an apology for our inconvenience. We keep going back to the Cosmo dispite check in issues because we like every thing else here.

6. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you missed your reservation but Earl of Sandwich is pretty delish.
    For some reason, I'm not able to see your pictures. Must be my stupid laptop.

7. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    can't see them either

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crazy stuff.

Regarding communication to all the rooms, once at the Plaza there was a fire alarm and there were loud announcements right in our room instructing us on what to do. Scared the crap out of us....but at least we knew what was going on.
    Cosmo should have some kind of system like that...

9. in4mation808

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree Blonde_4_ever! Hope they can figure out some communication plan for an emergency situation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't see your photos; was your dinner reservation at a Cosmo restaurant? Sucks they wouldn't change your reservation amid the elevator chaos.

11. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might be a dumb question but... They have stairs, right?

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. wallycat55

wallycat55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL... I think I heard of something like this before. Now if only I could remember what they are called.

13. in4mation808

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh for sure, of course. But we weren't sure because they lock behind you. Only way to go is all the way down (of course) and we were on a high floor. Also dressed for dinner. So we didn't want to go that route. :cry:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about your experience there. It appears your photos are google docs and can't post as images here. Let me know if I can help you if you have the jpg versions out there somewhere.

15. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm on floor 35 I wouldn't go down because I'd have no faith that I'd get back up to the room later for sleep

16. suebee

suebee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They definitely have an intercom system, we were there for the lock down in March and they used it....over 2 hours after the incident began. I'm surprised they are so terrible with "crisis communication", I would have thought Vegas would be a leader in emergency prep and response.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there the same week. It seemed like one side of the elevators wasnt working for a day or two after this, at least on our floor. The down button on one side would not work.

Interested to see those pics if you can get them up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.