1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airbnb at Palms Place?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by Jidery, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found a good deal for $400 for 3 nights in peak season so I booked it. Has anyone ever done Airbnb for palms place and know how it works?

2. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did one last year. Checked in like normal at check in desk, and they gave me keys. Condo owner contacted me prior to check in and afterwards. You do not have to pay resort fee. Also, unlike other rooms at Palms Place, the owner left the balcony door unlocked, so I could use the balcony. I had no housekeeping, since it was privately owned, but I didn't need it anyway. Also, the ice maker didn't work, so I contacted the owner and she had the hotel bring me ice to the room.

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know you can access the balcony if private rental.

4. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed no Resort fee's, but some of them ask a different daily fee up to 80$ which makes it more expensive than Resort Fee's. read the small letters very well, I almost fell for it.
    Another downside is that cancellation policies are often very strict making it practically non-refundable.

5. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the one bedroom suites have open balconies, at least the one I stayed in did.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get good deals that way. As said above no housekeeping. And if something doesn't work the owner has to take care of it, not the hotel. Some of the owners have deals in place with the hotel to take care of that stuff but other owners do not. I enjoy Palms Place.

7. CrowTRobot

CrowTRobot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did this in March. Overall, it was a positive experience. Without housekeeping, we did run out of TP by the last day. And we had to pay $15 for some extra towels.

AirBNB at Palms Place is a good option because you get most of the amenities of a hotel but no resort fee. And with Uber/Lyft, it's not as annoying to get to the strip from Palms Place as it used to be.

8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plus you can use the Palms shuttle, the Gold Coast shuttle or the Rio shuttle to get to/from the strip.

9. kevin853

kevin853 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great stuff. Enjoyed Palms Place and thought the suite we were in was great. Was pretty frustrating to have a big balcony with views of The Strip but couldn't get onto it.

Will looks into this next time, thanks for the post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.