1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Todd English PUB

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by bwatson23, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have heard they have some solid food and really good beer selection. Has anyone had any experience here?

Friend of mine in town says they have a beer they make here in Michigan on tap out there. It's 11.0% ABV and sooooo good, we have it here at the local watering hole and I'm looking forward to it there but was curious about people's experiences.

Also, has anyone tried the Honey Dip Stout by Able Baker Brewing (11.1%) ??

2. RTD122418

RTD122418 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Todd English pub will satisfy your thirst for quality beer. Ain't cheap, but you'll find a beer that'll get you there. Staff at bar are all pros. They will pour you your desire and do so because they seem to care.

3. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can vouch for the beer menu, a LOT of rare and good selections, both in the bottle and on tap and they don't overload the menu toward IPA's like a lot of "craft beer" places have the last couple years.

The food...I cannot vouch for. They do something called The Carvery which is a fancy name for various plates of sliced meats. I had the turkey one and it was clearly just a processed breast that you could buy in any supermarket. I've tried a couple other entrees and some apps there and none of them were memorable.

It is a lively place though with a big wraparound bar and personable servers, I still go in once or twice a year for the beer selection. It's a nice change of pace too from the generally more "posh" food places in Aria/Crystals.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is excellent. In Michigan many of us are big beer snobs and I've heard they have a really strong menu. Thanks for the insight.

Thanks for the heads up. There's a strong possibility that I just be beer-snob guy and drink.

5. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was hard on it the first time I went but I think I was just being bitchy. It's in a great location between Crystals and Aria. The beer descriptions are thorough, although I'm not a beer expert so I can't speak to their accuracy. You can get a peek at the menus on their yelp review page - click on the photos, then they break down the photos, select "menus" to get a look. For giggles I shared the PBR description on my FB :p. Some outdoor seating near the Henry Moore sculpture, I think? Nice place to re-energize.

6. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shredded pork chili from the Birmingham AL location is the best lunch I've had in a few years, it's that good.. agree with previous posters about the beer selection..very good and extensive selection

• Like Like x 1
  7. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tod English Pub is one of my favorite beer places in the country... They have tons of German/Belgians that I've never seen anywhere else.
    One of the bartenders told me they are the only place in the US that serves a few. I live in the microbrew capitol of Denver so I'm definitely a self proclaimed beer snob!
    Only downside is they ain't cheep... but in my opinion totally worth the price.

PS: Try the Dragons Breath...whiskey barrel aged stout. 17 % if I remember correctly!

8. grplnxprt

grplnxprt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their lobster rolls... :feedme:

9. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dragon's Milk, yes! They make it just up the road from me here in Michigan. I was shocked to see it on the menu there when I checked it out this morning.

10. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big fan of lobster rolls.

11. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Dragons Milk!.. You get the breath after you drink it!

Forgot to mention... they have a good happy hour too, by Vegas standards.

12. duoglide

duoglide Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only ate there once but enjoyed the food.

I skipped the carvery thing and ordered off the menu.

The lobster roll was awesome. Also had a steak sandwich with corn chips on it. Thought it sounded odd but it was delicious. I think it's off the menu now sadly.

13. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak for the beer, but I had some righteous fish & chips there a couple of years ago. Service was really good. One of my buddies with me cannot eat gluten and the server knew the menu inside and out and highlighted the gluten-free options.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent info!

15. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Todd English's PUB my last trip and was very impressed. A drunk friend and sober me went for their late-night happy hour. I had some amazing beer, and we sampled half the happy hr menu - ordering way too much food.

16. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like the place a lot. They reduced the food menu between my first trip ~4-5 years ago, and when I went again in April, but thought the options were still solid. Was with a large group and we were able to get a wide variety of beers (I got the Vegas Flight, flight of beers from Nevada breweries... one of them was really good- looking at the menu, I think it was the Bonanza Brown ale). I got the carvery with corned beef, which was solid. Rave reviews for the shephard's pie, as well as the french dip from some of the group as well. Also a good looking raw bar.

Edit to add: the only disappointment was the tuna poke app. Nothing really bad about it, but certainly didn't stand out at all

17. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also like to mention if you chug a beer in 7 sec its free, :thumbsup: hence the egg timers on the bar

18. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    or 2 if you can manage it...

• Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.