1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Changes Effective 6/6/2017

Discussion in 'Comps' started by RealSolGlow, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I noticed a few days ago that the MLife site was down for "upgrades." Well, they also changed their MLife comp system "benefits" as well. I am Gold so I only pay attention to what Gold members are privvy to. They've taken away two things for Gold MLife members (Las Vegas Resorts) effective 6/6/2017 that I can tell:

- Free upgrades when available no longer include Suites. They did previously.
    - VIP check-in for you and a guest is only limited to nightclubs. Previously pools were included as well.

Is anybody else aware of any changes made to the different tier levels and what was taken away?

2. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks like the exception of suites is global.

3. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone ever get suite upgrades based on card status anyway? I've been platinum for several years now and have never gotten an upgrade to a suite. I've had offers for suites at the mid tier hotels, by never an actual upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been platinum and gold. The only upgrades I've gotten have been due to being nice at check in or paying for them. I think they removed the wording waaaaay too late. I remember the first time I made platinum and figured I'd have the run of the house. I soon found out that nobody cares and it only got me the free cruise, which was great, but I no longer expect any extras. It's just a color to them unless you are really running a ton of numbers in a day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CompKing

CompKing Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No more 40% off for gold & 50% for platinum rooms at MGM Grand Detroit. Now it just says " Exclusive discounts on hotel rooms" Bummer!

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surprised they removed/added the suite notation.

It was ALWAYS space available. In reality, most people get upgrades that are just a better view.

7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I toggle between platinum and gold, right now, platinum. Last time I had a corporate comp FOR a suite, and they bumped me down to a basic room at check-in. (At a NEW hotel, it's not like I low played them in the past, or anywhere else for that matter...)***

I've never expected/hoped for room upgrades (even though stated as a perk), I'd just be thrilled to keep the room level they promise---or at least close! :(

MLife has been good to us, and we still will stay loyal to MLife as long as good offer keep coming, but their tier perks just really don't offer much incentive for jumping from pearl to gold....or even platinum in our eyes. So, we focus on play comps at MLIFE, but I'm focusing less and less on tier maintenance. Places like Cosmo just offer WAY better perks/incentives for tier jumps.

*** The hotel that bumped me was NOT Aria (our homebase), it was a mid-tier MLIFE hotel. Aria has ALWAYS honored their offers, even though I still think I'm under their play threshold. Aria has never pulled a bait and switch on me. Ironic that the one that SHOULD bump me doesnt, but the mid tier did, and with a "don't let the door hit you on the way out". ;)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the name of the hotel a secret? (my guess is NYNY)

9. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not NYNY, think north end. I am not saying I NEVER call a place out by name, but I do try to avoid it.

I'll give positive reviews a name, but on negative reviews? I try to keep those incognito, UNLESS I think people need to be warned. (And I have a high bar for what I deem "shady enough to call out.")

They still gave me a free stay, so I don't want to be an ingrate publicly...but I still left less than impressed with their approach.

But in all fairness, mid level hotels have less problems filling rooms, a mid-roller corporate comp probably is a cost, vs. a win for them....

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  10. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, I subscribe to that philosophy probably 100%. In the end, sometimes, it kinda doesn't even matter. Sometimes, you get a nicer room just because the clerk is feeling great today. Many clerks probably aren't fazed by it. That said, as NoStress pointed out, while I know folks get actual upgrades, nicer rooms are probably given more regularly even if it's a basic room in a better tower/section.

11. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it's worth I used to be able to login to Mlife.com and see offers for all of their hotels.
    Now I have to login to each one separate to see offers.

Mlife still has my tier and a resort room offer across all hotels but that's it.

If I log into each site like mirage.com etc I see offers for comped rooms and gambling.

12. LOCALGAMBLER77

LOCALGAMBLER77 Local Las Vegan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear that. I have never had any hotel give me an upgrade because of status. But any status can ask for one and once in a blue moon I will get one.

13. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked Luxor for 8/3-8/8, I'm MLife Gold. I was there in April and got 3 nights fully comped (including resort fees on a weekend) $100 Resort credit and $75 Free Play. For August I got 3 of my 5 nights comped (I have to pay resort fee this time) and $50 for both Resort and Free Play. I just figured my play last time wasn't as much as previous trips but in reading this thread it looks like MLife is just lowering their offers. BTW - to me a free room and free money is just fine with me!

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  14. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow I didn't ever think to go to the individual hotel websites. Just booked Mandalay Bay for August! 10000x better offer on their website than from MLife. Get it together MLife!

• Like Like x 2
  15. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive been staying at the Aria twice a year for the last 4 years at least and used to get 3 nights comped no problem :woot:
    My rate of play hasnt dropped any but now they wont even give me 1 night comped. :cry: best offer that i can work out is 10% off even being gold. Note i did drop from my usual Platinum status that Ive maintained for well over 5 years but it usualy takes my second visit to get that back and I was there in Jan for 3 nights comped as well
    Have a "special" offer at the moment that works out to 30% off some hotels but Aria wont even give me that. :faint:
    Have 2-3 night offers for lower Milfe hotels even Delano is offering me 2 nights in a scenic suite but nothing at all from Aria
    What gives???
    I called last week to ask about availble offers but the guy just said it's whats on your Milfe account online :grrr:

16. run133

run133 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    M Life now SUCKS!! I cannot remember the last time I stayed at either MGM Grand or The Mirage and did not receive 2 or 3 nights free with $100-$200 in resort credit. I sent an email to them 2 weeks ago and finally received a call from them today. The guy was nice but had an "oh well" attitude as he told me there were changes made and it is what it is....he ended call by saying times are changing and we have to make a profit any way we can. I have been staying at MGM properties for 20 years and have always had good offers. My current offer is one comp night on certain dates and "exclusive" rates. Not sure what is going on there but not happy at all!!

17. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm having a similar problem, used to get 2-3 nights comped at Aria, with resort credits and freeplay. Since January all I can get is $85 per night rooms... Though when I booked my August trip the price was $134, $91, and $91, per night. The $85 rate was only available on a handful of weekdays.

18. rustytrombone1027

rustytrombone1027 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, remember when Steve Wynn owned the Mirage and you would get free RFB and maybe a Sigfried and Roy ticket for a few hours a day of $25 black jack?

• Like Like x 1
  19. CheeseHog

CheeseHog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We, too, are trying to figure out what once was is no longer..... I chalk it up to "The only thing constant is change". It will change again

Jeff

20. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really is a sign of the times, not Steve Wynn. Good luck getting much of anything with a few hours of $25 BJ at Wynn today.

The suits keep getting tighter and the gambling revenue continues to drop. Oh well.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.