1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Earl and Wade's Excellent Adventure (Live 6/6-6/13 w/Snapchat)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Not at the table Carlos, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not at the table Carlos

Not at the table Carlos Cheapskate

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Welcome back to the SIXTH installment of another Earl and Wade adventure to Las Vegas, Nevada. Wade and myself (Earl) are high school teachers/football coaches in our late 20’s/early 30’s and spend a week in the Promised Land every summer. This year Walter (usual suspect) and Dewey are around the same age and also teach. Walter and Wade are the single fellas, as Dewey and I are happily married. Dewey has been to Vegas once….for 2 hours. Yeah….2 hours….with his wife and kids. For all practical purposes, he is considered a Vegas virgin, as he has never done anything except watch the fountains and step inside Caesar’s Palace. Let’s get shit started with some background info on the upcoming trip.

Our flights leave ATL at 7:30 and 8:50 tomorrow night (June 6). We will probably be exhausted when we land, so we will see if we get the party started that night or not. Last time we did this, Wade won a $5 5-point fire bet, lost his pants, and booked another room because he couldn’t find the room we were already in due to extreme intoxication.

First night we are all staying in one room at Main Street Station. 2nd/3rd nights Earl and Dewey at The D on a BOGO offer. Walter and Wade are at El Cortez on a BOGO offer. Friday late night, Walter and Dewey fly home. Friday/Saturday Earl and Wade are at Bally’s. Sunday/Monday we are at Flamingo on two comp nights (plus asshole resort fee). All in all, our flights were $200 roundtrip on either Southwest or Allegiant. The hotel for Wade and I is $150 a person for the 7 nights. We are all on micro-budgets compared to 99% of the people that post a report. Wade and my 7 day bankroll is probably hovering around $1,000 each. Dewey and Walter are in the few hundred range. MICRO-rolling….therefore MACRO-drinking!!!

Wednesday the plan is to do a coupon run through Fremont St. using LVA and ACG. 5 $25 Matchplays, 1 $10 Matchplay, 7 $10 Free Plays, and a Free Ace coupon. Then we are going to try my “secret weapon” at Sigma Derby. I may have found a way to beat it…if not beat it, at least reduce the house edge. Who knows if this works, but I did some calculations and watched 60+ Youtube races and I was up a lot of units based on my plan. This may sound laughable, but I’m a math nerd, I love a challenge, and I like drinking and yelling at mechanical horses. Sue me.

Some things you can expect in this thread:

Alcohol, Sigma Derby, Low-rolling downtown, In N Out burgers, Ellis Island steak dinner, NYNY roller coaster, more Alcohol, Video Poker sessions, lots of craps sessions, some poker sessions here and there, blackjack, pai gow (Walter), miminal roulette, perhaps some UTH or 3CP, Drunken shenanigans.

I have also decided to create a Snapchat account specifically for this TR. This will be a way for people to easily see videos of happenings in Vegas without having to post them to the board. EarlOfVegas is the snapchat account. I have already gotten 15-20 people added. I will be posting mainly to this board, but the occasional Snap will be worth a peek. I will be just posting videos/pictures to “My Story” periodically. If you have a Snapchat, add EarlOfVegas and watch us crash and burn!

Dewey has also decided how he is going to roll the dice at the craps table. For those of you that have seen Larry Enticer before on Youtube, you will love this one. He is going to yell “JUST GONNA SEND IT!!!” and sling the dice at the wall. For those that don’t know Larry…..just watch…..

That’s all for now! Will post updates when we are on our way to the airport. I will try to post a Snapchat or two tonight so that people can check to see if they can find out how to see them.

- Earl

Earl's 21st Trip
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I smell mischief in the air.

Giddyup:woohoo:

3. Robdude

Robdude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to this TR, the hi-jinks in the last one were hilarious.

4. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Da_Nit

Da_Nit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following along!

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No coincidence that this is D-Day.
    Looking forward to the updates!

8. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's do this!

9. 4hunters

4hunters Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lmao at Larry!! Just gonna send it!!! This is gonna be great.

10. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in town solo 6th thru the 13th playing a lot of poker but hope to run into you sometime. Definitely up for a craps session and a break from the grind of the poker world.

11. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fighting through downtown Atlanta to get to airport now. Tons of wrecks on interstate so we are taking side roads. Get me to Vegas dammit!!!

Earl's 21st Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the shuttle to the international terminal. Little secret about about Atlanta airport...

There is a FastPark lot that has a free shuttle to international terminal for $8.50 a day to park your car. But as long as you have your boarding pass printed out and no bags to check, you can go through security at international terminal, which is 1/5 of the line. I dropped Wade off with our checked bags at Domestic and parked the car.

We are one step closer to losing our fortunes!!! Yaaaay!

Earl's 21st Trip
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck, looking forward to following this TR

14. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From left to right, Walter, Dewey, Earl, Wade. Let's GOOOOOO

[​IMG]

Earl's 21st Trip
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First speed bump of the trip has occurred. Wade and mine's? flight delayed 45 minutes so far. Our plane is still on ground in Columbus, Ohio. Walter and Dewey are on their flight and scheduled to arrive a solid two hours ahead of us. We will have some catching up to do!

Earl's 21st Trip
  16. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wade and I are hanging at Carrabba's having a few beers waiting on our plane.

[​IMG]

I don't want to eat a large meal here, but I am hungry. I would love a cheeseburger from The Varsity....but then I run the risk of shitting myself. That's a problem today because I'm not wearing underwear. I get so uncomfortable on an airplane so I decided to hell with it. Decisions....decisions....

Earl's 21st Trip
    • Like Like x 2
  17. WadeRedcorn

WadeRedcorn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG].

First of multiple royals on Deuces Wild poker...too bad it's 4 hours too early in the ATL Airport Carraba's.

I quit. First one ever

• Like Like x 1
  18. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you enjoyed and hope we don't disappoint this time!

Earl's 21st Trip
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely! I'll probably get some poker sessions in from 9-12th on strip somewhere. Shoot a message on those dates if you want to meet up.

Earl's 21st Trip
  20. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's why you have the slaw dawg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.