1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rio room categories

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by JR Swift, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for any experts on the Rio to help with this. When I check the TR site, it lists the following room categories: Classic, Deluxe, Luxury and Premium. It appears that that listing is in ascending order of quality. Anyone know what the difference is? What tower is each located in and are any reliably of good quality? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Premium and Luxury are what they used to call "Samba" suites. Fairly recently updated, different decor (as you can see in the pics). In the Masquerade tower. Premium have strip view, Luxury have mountain view. The classic is in the Masquerade tower, they have the "weird" bathroom window. Old and dated. Deluxe are in the IP tower, no weird bathroom window. When I've stayed there I've taken the Deluxe as I prefer the IP tower and I hate the bathroom window in the classic rooms.
    "

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Just the information I was looking for!

4. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which tower/elevators are closest to the convention area where they play WSOP (Amazon Room, Brazilia Room, Pavilion Room, etc)? "Deluxe room" in the Ipanema Tower is what I would want, right?

5. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think my assumption is correct, but based on some dated info. Anyone who is familiar with the layout at the Rio who can confirm Deluxe Suite = Ipanema Tower = Closest to WSOP / Convention Area - would be much appreciated.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for confirming Vic.

I agree it probably won't matter, but when I get a 20 minute break occasionally the extra few minutes may be the difference between getting up to my room to grab something or take a bio break without waiting in a line, or not being able to do it.

Also sounds like the Masq tower has some noise issues depending where you are in relation to the Voodoo Lounge. And I'd prefer quiet and sleep.

TRN

8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely IP is quieter. Of course noisy neighbors can happen anywhere :) Good luck in the tourney

• Like Like x 1
  9. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again for the info (and coming back to update this old thread for me).

10. nfcwestbest

nfcwestbest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No resort with LVA coupon
    Everyone's a Winner Contest Freebie
  11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's bullshit they won't say which tower

12. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the recent guests were in March and April

13. Chadohio1

Chadohio1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had stayed In regular and deluxe room. My upcoming stay I’ll be staying in a Premium Room. The deluxe room is the picture (sorry for the messy room).......

I would differently book a Deluxe room at this time due to I don’t know what the Premium rooms look like yet till next Tuesday.

I do like how Rio has two sinks in the bathroom. One big sink in the hall between the closet and entrance the the bathroom and 1 Small sink in the actually bathroom.

Attached Files:

14. pshoe001

pshoe001 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer Ipanema since it's closer to everything. It's much more convenient. None of the rooms are great, but they're all large. I don't know which are which on TR, but if the window look curved in the pictures, it's Masquerade.

15. saladdays

saladdays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been told on the phone by staff at the Rio that my room is in the "Mardi Gras" tower. Two different people have told me that. Do staff call one of the towers that? I haven't seen a reference to it anywhere at the Rio online.

16. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mardi Gras is (or was) a tower at Harrah's. The towers at Rio are Masquerade and Ipanema.

17. saladdays

saladdays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right. I know that, but two separate people when calling the Rio called it that, and I even confirmed with the second one he wasn't talking about Harrah's. So I don't know....

I suppose I'll just find out when I get there. I have email confirmation, so I'm not too worried.

18. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think I can explain the confusion..Staff may still refer to the Masquerade tower as that was where the nighly 'Show in the Sky' was..It was the Mardi Gras theme.Just look above and you can see the overhead rails the props used to ride on..Used to be crazy busy years ago..now it's like a morgue walking to the tower compared.Room key from way back when below.
    img996.jpg

19. saladdays

saladdays Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, thanks for the tip. I knew about that show they used to have, and I was wondering if it had might have had something to do with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.