1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife corporate host

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Deppyon240, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deppyon240

Deppyon240 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read time and time again on this board, and others, that for mlife you have specific hosts for each property and your play will not be counted across all properties.

Over my past 5 trips I have been working with a CORPORATE MGM host who breaks this idea.

She has specially stated to me that she doesn't care where I play or where I want to stay as long as it's an mlife property. She always quotes back my play across all mlife properties when I request my play information.

I just wanted to share this information among those of you who stay at CET for the variety. That variety could be available at MGM too!

Now, I'm not sure how you get assigned this kind of host, but they do exist. I was lucky enough to have one reach out to me, but I'm sure there is a way to get in touch with MGM corporate to get one yourself.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think we've seen a few people mention this, but not too many, which is a little surprising.

I think the notion about play not getting counted across all properties applies more to the compensation of a host that does work for a specific property. And for purposes of getting back end comps - if you stay at Property A, are they going to give you any back end if you did all your play at Property B.

3. Deppyon240

Deppyon240 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have learned that this host, can't speak for all, only deals with LA clients. Maybe that's why, although I think there are quite a few Los Angeles folks on the board.

Also, to clarify, I am by no stretch of the imagination a High Roller. So this kind of host is definitely attainable.

4. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, there are regional hosts for MGM Resorts properties. If you already have a host at a Vegas property, however, that host will remain your host for that property. A regional could book you into any properties you don't already have a host. My regional host is fantastic. They will generally find you, or you might need to be referred.

5. Deppyon240

Deppyon240 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not experienced this as I haven't had a host at any property I've stayed at but during two of my trips I was approached by a host while playing. I told them both that I was already staying comped through a corporate host. I wonder if now I won't be able to book those hotels again through her and I'll have to go through that property host... which would be terrible. I have a great relationship with my host and I would hate to have to book through someone else, especially since my corporate offers are always so much better than my property specific offers. For my two upcoming stays she has even one upped the room listed on the corp offer so it would be really bad if I couldn't book through her for the for any stays I have yet to book.

6. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you booked with the regional host before having a property host, the regional host will remain your host. If you already had a property host prior to the regional host, then the property host would be your host. In your example, the regional is still your host.

7. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh shoo, having a regional host sounds much better than dealing with numerous host at each hotel!!! I never knew they were around... wonder if they have one for Midwest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.