1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay--Bay King View?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by FullPay, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comped three nights downtown so the wife and I are going to do a rare one night appearance on the Strip. Booked a Bay King which apparently comes with a choice of Mountain or Beach view. Does anyone know if either of those is closer to the pool area? (I know, seems obvious, but that place is huge!). We plan to arrive via taxi or bus/tram in late afternoon, visit pool, drink boat drinks, eat dinner and maybe swim again late evening or early morning before checkout, then tram/WAX downtown. Any casual food at the pool? Also, any place where a couple of quarter/fifty cent VP players can get a bar comp?

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are talking about walking to the pool vs looking at the pool from your room, all the main guest elevators dump out in the same place. There's separate banks for different groups of floors, but they're all clustered together.

3. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I meant, walking from the elevator. Also hotel room hallways. We get around fine but I hate wasting twenty minutes walking to and from the room. Thanks for the info.

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This video is a couple of years old. If this guy has his room type correct, then there are at least one set of Bay Kings that are right by the elevators (he's in room 101, which would be in the "1" wing that points southwest). He's got the mountain view; the beach view version would be the room directly opposite the hallway.

It's possible that there's more than one "pair" of these rooms on each floor. But it looks like at least you have a shot at being close to the elevators.

5. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Bay rooms are all in the corner next to the elevator banks (which is why they're a little oddly shaped). So it is definitely the shortest walk to the pool.

6. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should not have any trouble getting comped at the bar tops at that long straight bar on the other side of the wall behind the bar that faces all the blackjack tables.

Sons 21st birthday trip
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you get off the elevator it's still a long walk to the pool... as with most places that I've stayed at.

8. h_upmann

h_upmann Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in a Bay Suite a couple of years ago. Very strange shape which I wouldn't choose again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.