1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When to contact a host for a trip?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bigpoppa99, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpoppa99

bigpoppa99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was introduced to a host at Cosmopolitan. After some small talk and him reviewing my play he noticed that I never had a welcome offer. I been playing at Cosmo when they opened. He mentioned a night or two. I wonder how far in advanced should I contact him? I am going to be in Vegas the week of November 6.

thanks!

2. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually contact my host soon as I have a firm date set up - this way i make sure I have the room (sometimes you just never know with all events/trade shows in Vegas) good luck!!

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your dates are firm (and really, even if they're not), you don't need to wait to have him book you.

One thing you should do, though, is keep an eye out for comp offers that may come via email. If you get an offer for free nights with some freeplay and resort credit, your host can't apply it to your reservation until the offer's valid date range includes your stay dates. If you get offers, you probably won't get one that includes November until we get to September. You can have him or her add the offer to your reservation once you get the offer.

I would wait a little while and see if you get any offers from Cosmo, then you will have an idea of how they regard your play level.

How did you get introduced to the host?

If he introduced himself to you, I'd find it a little odd that he would only offer one or two nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.