1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I just want to take my top off and go running through the streets...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by lsiunsuex, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My new toy, lol...

2016 Ford Mustang Convertible (taking the top off reference) - Used - 23k miles (got the extended powertrain warranty just in case). Haven't owned an American car in 15 years (was always a Dodge fan)

It's the wife's car technically, but she doesn't like (re: hates) cars so she can drive the Acura RDX and I'll just throw snow tires on the Mustang and deal with the snow.

After 4 hours, finally got the Sync 3 upgrade to add Apple CarPlay and had to buy the $68 interface for it, even though I told the dealer I'd like them do the upgrade for me. I also think I need the tires re-balanced as I'm getting some shaking cruising around 80mph on the throughway (or it could be that I have it set to Sport+ for drivetrain and Sport for steering and the roads are shit here cause of the snow). This is why I hate buying used - they never check them properly - but - it was to expensive to lease new, let alone buy it. It's from Florida and It's only a year old, so it's never seen snow (carfax was clean).

Already eyeing https://www.cobbtuning.com/ford-mustang-ecoboost-stage-power-packages/ - you can't really screw with leases - but I can do anything I want to a car I bought, lol...

Now if it would just STOP RAINING maybe I can take a ride with the top down. I can't say renting the convertible Camaro in LV didn't provoke this, but it sure as hell didn't stop it either, haha. Dealers also do a shit job of detailing - gonna have to spend tomorrow if the rain clears paint correcting, polish, glaze, wax - the whole thing. Even red paint shows swirl marks :(

They really need to work on the Ecoboost name. For a 4 cylinder turbo doing 315hp it's really nice, but damn, what a stupid name to call it...

IMG_7891.JPG
    IMG_7333.JPG
    IMG_2470.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  2. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    love it. I am on my 3rd mustang. hard to keep my son out of it. he likes to showboat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always liked the Camaro - dad wanted me to get that instead of the Mustang - but the Mustang looks like a muscle car on the inside where the Camaro tried doing something different and it just didn't come out right (IMO).

I can see owning this for a good while.

4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your thread title reminds me of my senior yearbook quote...

Congrats on the new toy! :D

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait..it's a 4 cylinder TURBO?!?
    Damn the last time they did that was the foxbodies in the 80's..good old SVO's...
    I really like the body lines of the 2017s...but they're overweight and under powered, IMHO

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Embarrassed to say I clicked on this thread because I was expecting something else.....;)

Nice car, though!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a huge Mustang fan, I'm on my 3rd straight Mustang I must add Camaro's suck. The 70's was the last time the Camaros were nice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BlueBellThunder

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the new ride. I've got a 2015 same color in a fastback.

9. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was worried about it too - I wanted at least a V6 but this was more to have a convertible and try to enjoy more of the summer then strait up raw power. It probably won't see the track and a friend who does go to tracks says I can't anyway without a roll cage (being a convertible and all) and I have a bad history of getting speeding tickets so... to much power will get me in trouble haha. It does make 315hp so it's not like it's a Ford Focus or something. Lot's of manufacturers are going the turbo route to try to score better fuel economy. Changing of times...

It is a heavy car but it's power is lower in the RPM range where the Camaro's power is higher in the RPM range. The few times I've opened it up, it's sufficient for a little fun. A little tuning here and there and it'll be just fine. It's a buy, not a lease so a little tuning here and there is good with me. 'Been a while since I got under a hood but I'll figure it out.

It's quicker then my Acura and that's a V6 / 280hp... Had I been replacing the Acura and not her Hyundai Elantra I might have gotten the GT / V8 but her lease is due in August, it was a decent deal and I didn't want to spend too much more then she pays now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband bought me a new Mustang convertible in 2006 or 2007. Can't remember which year, but we had to look all over the country for the specific one I wanted. It was white with a black top and had red leather interior. It was sweet! I had the 8 cylinder and it was loaded. Of course I was trying to spin my tires one night being an ass and forgot to take the traction control off....ended up looking like an even bigger fool when it didn't work. Bwahaha I sold it when I found out I was going to have another child as I knew I'd never get to drive it as too many car seats! Lol It was such a pretty car and the red leather interior was sexy as hell with the rumble of the engine purring through it. I just had another daughter graduate college and move out, so I'm going to downsize from my Escalade to a car. I decided on the Audi A8 T, but trying to find a used one with 10-20K miles. Still all wheel drive for winter, but sporty and not a mini van! Lol

• Like Like x 2
  11. RibbonCat

RibbonCat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How fun! What a beautiful car. Congrats!

12. BlueBellThunder

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ford has done great work with the ecoboost. I have a v8, had a v6 in the past, didn't like it. I've read that the ecoboost is hands down better then the v6. Plus you can't get leather in the v6. And for 2018 they're discontinuing the v6 altogether.

13. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on your new toy!

@Hoofy7
    Now that you know @Packer your next search should be a lot easier.

14. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. I had a '68 fastback in the early '70's. Was never beaten from a standing start. It had an 8 track stereo and leather bucket seats.

Chick.

Magnet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice race red stang. Be careful on your tune if you don't want to void your warranty. That's an easy way for the dealer to void power train issues unless you have a mod friendly dealer. I'm trying to talk the wife into trading our 2008 Shelby for a new GT350 but she wants to see what Ford does with the new GT500. Be sure to post up some more photos after you get her all cleaned up.

Mark

16. djslots

djslots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking good and congrads, we grabbed one as a rental last year to tour around Vegas, just the hard top version. We took it everywhere, from Hoover Dam though Valley of Fire, thoroughly enjoyed it.
    20160925_122551.jpg

For my current car, wanted more of a sleeper so I present my daily driver, another Ford, my twin-turbo V6 Taurus SHO.
    20161203_143341.jpg

17. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice to have. Since I was 22 I have only gone 4 years without a convertible or sports car that can be "topless". Love it especially here in Florida where we can get plenty of fresh air. Current car is a 2002 Toyota Solara black with fawn top always garaged and body in excellent condition Strangers try to buy it from me quote often.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  18. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice car :thumbsup:

Living near Seattle I would never get to put the top down !

Have fun with the modifications, I have never worked on a turbo, what is the easiest way to add horsepower ?

Good friend just bought a 2017 5.0, it 's the 302, fuel injected, automatic with paddle shifters, black on black, stock black spoke wheels and he is going full murder with window tinting next week.

I think he said he has mid 400HP at the crank, he is going to chip it, change the air intake, and modify the exhaust and he thinks he can get to 500HP at the crank. I asked him about voiding the warranty and he said he asked and the dealership said it wouldn't ? Was surprised at that, especially with chipping it.

He is still learning to drive it, hasn't really figured out the paddle shifters, and I don't think he has done anything in the "track" mode of the adjustable handling settings, that takes off traction control I think he said. I can't imagine that much horsepower, I am not that kind of driver, he will be. He just took it to Montana for his nephew's graduation and took it up to 115, said it was quiet, and stuck to the road. I am sure the top speed is significantly higher than that.

Have fun being topless, don't forget to put sunscreen on the tender bits :biker:

19. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (started at 7:30am) 5 hours later... Everything clay bar'd (glass included), v36 paint corrected (and windshield to remove pitting) to remove some swirl marks, black light glaze - brought out just a little shine on the red paint; and jet seal to top it off. Their (chemical guys) wax is coming tomorrow - I had an Italian wax but it's a hard paste wax and after 5 hours to do a final coat by hand and not using the orbital - no - as well as their convertible top cleaner and sealer (amazon is the only place i know that carries their stuff other than their site and Prime free shipping!). Brand Loyalty! lol... Interior vacuumed, leather cleaned, leather conditioned - think the mustang has more leather then my acura...

Seriously - night and day difference. I know VMB is split on car care; some do it, most don't - but wow... that paint was dirty!

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_2855.JPG

IMG_9492.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  20. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is one sexy car you have there.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status: