1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Game 1 Cavs/Warriors

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by VegasLover8, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Want to preface that I am not really an NBA fan. Watched a little since the Cavs are in it.

Anyway the Cavs are 7 point dogs for game 1. Spread seems high to me.

What say you?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Warriors have failed to cover almost all of their 12 wins because the lines were set so high.

From a betting perspective, I'm sitting this one out. If they win all 4 games by 1 point each, I will be happy!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would predict Warriors win but Cavs cover.

I'm more confident on the Warriors winning part

4. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have watched most of the Cavs' playoff games. The team is inconsistent. Other teams figure out how to stop them, and they don't recover very quickly. They get and lose big leads. Not the best team to wager on either way.

5. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about betting on them going 16-0 for the playoffs when I was there in April. I wish I would have.

I would give the points.

(I dislike both teams)

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stay away too, but if I had to bet, I would lay the points. Cavs are not consistent. The Warriors have only played two bad halfs the entire playoffs. And one of those was against the best defensive team in the association and the other was against a team that had a player that was just on fire for 24 minutes. One or more Cavs could catch fire and keep the game close. Or the Warriors could throw up a dud. But there are more scenarios where it works out well for GS

I Need Spa
  7. BobLasVegas

BobLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are the two best teams in the NBA. Period. As a Clevelander, I will be rooting hard for the Cavs.
    But I am going to Vegas tomorrow, and when I come home I will have in my pocket a betting ticket
    for Golden State to take the series. They have home court advantage and 4 stars. The Cavs have only 3.
    But the X Factor is we have LeBron, the best player ever. ( Sorry Michael, move over! )

I will gladly lose my bet on Golden State to see the Cavs win a second championship.

We will see. I hope I am wrong. ( been known to happen! )

8. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know its a bit of homerism, but come on. Not even LeBron would agree! He at least has to get past Russell, Jabbar, and Magic before we even start talking about MJ. He's already top ten all time, but its very hard to say he is the best to ever play. Let's see where he is at in another five years

I Need Spa
  9. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7 is a huge line and Vegas wouldn't put it out there unless they were certain of big Cavs money coming in...i had it at 3 so no way I'm laying anything serious on GS. Should be a great series.

10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think its an awfully tough line. Before the line came out, I was already thinking GS 113 Clev 106. I guess I would take the under before betting that line

I Need Spa
  11. BobLasVegas

BobLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Ha! Homerism, yeah maybe some. But the GOAT is down to only two at this point.
    Michael or LeBron. I know many will side with Jordan because of his 6 rings, and that is a
    good point, but if you are counting rings to be the best, it is probably Bill Russell, right?

But LeBron has time to rack up a few more. And while I am a big Jordan fan, I think
    overall if I had to pick, I gotta go with King James. When all is said and done, he will
    own the NBA record book. LeBron does it all. Michael of course had an all around game
    too, but his forte was scoring. Which he did very well. You can't go wrong with either one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. luckymanstan

luckymanstan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow that's always a strong move getting against your own team! I could never do it!

13. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bill Russell is nowhere near being the goat.
    He was 6'9" 215 pounds...a stickman who would be dominated by any of the top 10 players. Look at the old YouTube videos he doesn't have the physique or quickness to compete with any of them

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. BobLasVegas

BobLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to bet with my head, not my heart. But it is a bet I hope to lose gladly!
    Not putting that much on it.
    I just think the Cavs do not play good enough defense to beat the Warriors.
    Of course I hope they do.

Eh. Who knows, maybe I won't bet on it after all. The Finals start the day I leave
    Vegas. I may be broke by then!

GO CAVS!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.