1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pool Cabanas with F&B Credit

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by AndyAkeko, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two questions:

1) Which strip (or near-strip) hotels rent cabanas with a food & beverage credit. I know MGM Grand does (and seems to be the only MGM property that does), any others?

2) Do you and your guests (4 people total) have to be staying at the hotel to rent the cabana?

2. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For MGM you do not have to be a guest at the hotel to use their pool. However non hotel guests must book at least a private reserved lounge chair ($25, no F&B credit) or a daybed, pod, or cabana (with F&B credit) so think of that as a forced entrance fee. But you'll be paying the same price for those items as hotel guests so if you were going to rent a cabana anyway you're not losing anything.

FYI I read on an older post here that MBay uses an F&B credit system... They DO NOT. I'm staying there in September and confirmed this with the pool manager.
    Pools that just use the standard rental system will give you at least a full mini fridge or water and drinks and maybe a fruit platter.

Most, if not all, day clubs use the F&B credit system for their cabanas and day beds. They also have way better cabanas... However it's more expensive and it's going to be loud and aggressive. That may or may not be what you're looking for.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Parkermama102

Parkermama102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rented an MGM cabana this week on the back of the lazy river & we absolutely loved it. It was a $450 f&b minimum when I booked several months ago. Pretty easy to meet with 4 adults drinking & 2 teens eating. The minimum does not include mandatory tip & tax so that was another $130ish. We had 4 comfy lounge chairs, 4 tubes, tv, fridge, etc. I went down early to check in & had my pick. I think you had to check in between 8-11am. The cabanas were open until 5 & the pool was open until 8pm. We had street tacos & sushi & it was all yummy. There was more room than I expected in between cabanas (#9-14) so it didn't feel crowded & there was a little patio area for the lounge chairs so we had plenty of room. Would definitely do it again if the minimum wasn't ridiculously high!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Brad8173

Brad8173 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo.

5. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Parkermama102

Parkermama102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw pods near the lazy river but I couldn't tell you exactly where. They looked comfy. There were quite a few day beds with umbrellas right beside the river--back by Wet Republic. I think either a bed or pod would be great for a smaller group. Have fun!

7. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd recommend the Pool Villas at Paris. While the pool isn't awe inspiring, my wife and I LOVE the Villas at Paris. 1) The are cheap ($199 weekdays), 2) the are air conditioned, 3) room to fit up to 8 comfortably, 4) You don't have to be a guest of the hotel.

I'll be there on 9/4 & 5 in a Villa.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Groupon has a deal for the cabanas at Paris (not the Villas, unfortunately). Cabana and four cocktails for $109. https://www.groupon.com/deals/soleil-pool-at-paris-las-vegas-1-3 Unfortunately it expires before my wife's trip ... but I see it's good for yours! :D

9. eliza

eliza Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plus $30 off $100 today with code OFF.
    Makes it $79 for cabana, pool entry for four, and four cocktails.
    And go through a cashback portal when purchasing - Mr. Rebates has 6% cashback on Groupon right now. Which puts the total OOP for the deal at $74.26.
    Would be an even better deal if you happen to have discounted groupon giftcards you picked up somewhere along the way (sadly, I don't have any right now).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be great, but the fine print says "Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts." :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. eliza

eliza Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops --- that's what I get for not reading closely. The voucher expires before my next trip, so I didn't look into it too closely. Definitely something to keep an eye on as October creeps closer.

12. CLE_Greg

CLE_Greg 100% Full Blown Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just reserved a Cabana for this week at the Cosmo. For the Chelsea pool, we were quoted $350 minimum F&B spend commitment. The pool is for guests only UNLESS you rent a cabana. We are looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.