1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are people in customer service really this dumb??

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ordered a few thinks from an online store - cell phone accessories - 3 things. Blue tooth headphones for my husband, screen protector, and a clutch/wallet for my phone. This was back on May 5. Got an email stating we would receive it in 2 packages. May 16 - got screen protector with a free stylus, May 17 got the headphones. Nothing else. I wait a couple of days. Send an email out to store. -- Hey no wallet. Get an email with the UPS tracking that says your package is on it's way. Problem is that it says delivered on May 16. Try to contact them again. Nothing back. I paid through Amazon Pay so I have filed with them - decision by June 3 still pending.

Being the savvy internet shopper I leave a Review for them - I wasn't kind. Get an email today from their customer service asking what the problem is she attaches the same UPS tracking that says delivered on May 16th. But she now says that your package was delivered yesterday. I told her to re-read it. It says that the package was delivered on May 16th - yes I got it without the clutch. I also ask her to look at the weight of the package -- it says .07 lbs which is 1 and 1/2 ounce - the screen protector and stylus. No way does a clutch weigh 1 and 1/2 ounce. -- I can still get my money back with AMEX but I am trying to get them to see the error of their ways.

To keep sending me the UPS tracking with the same date and try to say it was delivered on another day. Do they even read what they are sending out??? Rant over, maybe -- for today.

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went through something similar with something I ordered in December. It said USPS delivered on 12/26, but never got anything in my mailbox. I filed with the merchant and got the run around. I asked Amazon for a refund in January, just before the deadline, and was just told to take it up with the merchant. Finally in April, after going through filing a lost package claim with USPS, I got the merchant to issue a refund. At one point I considered just saying "forget it!" but it was $58 and I couldn't walk away from that.

You definitely have my sympathies. Document all you can. Be persistent!

3. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The depth of stupidity you will encounter in the general populous is immeasurable.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, really that stupid and much more. the person that you were communicating with by email or phone, was probably playing on their cell phone at the time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the treats I give my cats at a good price on Amazon. Lower than the local store and no tax. SCORE. Since I figured they won't have this price long I order 2. Package comes about a week later with one bag of treats. I write to them through Amazon saying the packing slip says 2 but I only received one. Received a reply back showing the package was delivered. HELLLLOOO? Did you actually read my email? I said I did receive one. At this point I wasn't going to take it, even for that little thing. I wrote back and said "If you think I'm spending my time on the internet writing emails to scam a business out of a package of cat treats, you are sorely mistaken. If I do not receive either another package of treats or a refund for one I will make it my hobby to post a comment on every site I can find that references your business name. I suggest you audit your inventory because I assure you, you have one more bag than you should." I had a package of treats within a week. The package did not contain an apology. Next time I want to save a dollar I'll clean the sofa rather than deal with people who cannot count to 2.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little knowledge can be dangerous,you're obviously smarter than the people you deal with on line. A dullwit like me still goes out to the store to buy stuff and they either have it or they dont. \

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if those replies came from an auto responder and not a human.

8. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something to realize it was your issue was not known to them, they only know what you told them. If that was nto clear then its easy to cause confusion. Wheres may package?, it was delivered n the 16th. They dont have a magic bag of information.

They also dont just send one email per day. i used to do this and would send hundreds per day and after a while they just blend in. Sometimes I would need clarification from the customer.

The usual email would be worded something like this.

"didnt get my stuff" Thats it, I was supposed to be able to figure out the issue with that info. So you see, its a two way street. There is no interest from that company to not send you your items. Nothing is to be gained by dealing with an upset customer.

9. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I order a used book (good condition) from Amazon that was supposed to ship from somewhere in Florida, the state I live in. After a few days I got an email saying it was in the mail. Total cost was only $6.21.A week later I got the book delivered to my door. Seems they went to the UK to send me a new one

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oh the stories I could tell you about Amazon.

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had a problem with Amazon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few problems in the past but always resolved quickly.

Vwhitten: Your problem is you threw in math and fractions. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody likes a tease! :wink2:

14. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The CSR's are overly "trained" in that they are told to respond a certain way to certain questions. I think some of them get to the point where they don't really listen and just are on auto pilot. I don't know about Amazon but at some places they are timed as to how long they are on with each customer to "resolve" the problem. If I am in the situation I try to make sure that I have there attention. It seems that if you respond to them with their name it shakes the cobwebs out and you can get the resolution that you need.

15. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Are people in customer service really this dumb??"

I figured the best way to find out was to call them and ask, but I've been on hold since yesterday! :faint:

(And the music quit playing after about five minutes. Just silence since then...o_O )

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always had customer service go beyond anyone else at Amazon. Just make sure it is being shipped by Amazon not a 3rd party

17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Populace. :beer:

• Like Like x 1
  18. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just had this happen, which left me scratching my head. I just checked in to GN room and see a tray of cheese and crackers and a little fruit. I thought what a waste for me that the host set that up for me as I don't eat cheese.

I am about to leave the room and I hear the phone ring. I go back to check but missed it. Then my cell phone rings. I answer. Front desk here, do you have a tray in your room? Yes. Have you touched it? No, I don't like cheese. Good, as we sent it to the wrong room and you would be charged if you ate it.

I just hung up. No way in hell I would be charged. I would have raised such a fuss with my host. But still, even not hosted they should have said they messed up, but it is yours now.

They don't know what I did with that.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deep Thought of the Day:

If I'm in India and I call tech support, do they have a Wisconsin accent? :ssst:

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cut that out - we don't have accents!!!

I have had a few amusing Amazon issues. Ordered some Hawaiian coffee for co-worker. Got a 2.75 ounce bottle of really nice sunscreen instead. Got to keep that & they did send the coffee.

Ordered shredder oil - bottles on Amazon exactly as ordered previously. Came with some other oil with a funky tip on it that you couldn't attach to the shredder. Dealt with the company. Finally after numerous calls (like talking to a wall - seriously), we got the correct oil and the promise that the next time we ordered it the right oil would be shipped. You guessed it................I refused to deal with them again - I did the return through Amazon even though we had to pay for the shipping. I just refused to waste multiple calls with the people at the company again.

My daughters first package to her new apartment said it was delivered and it was not in her box. I talked to their PO & they said it looked funny & there was no GPS tag on it so I should file a claim and get my $ back. No way it could be denied because there was no GPS tag on it. You guessed it. Took it through two levels - 'Oh it was delivered' so you don't get a refund. NO IT WASN'T. Really shook my faith in the USPS insurance.

One place I often have customer services issues is the responses from PlayStudios on the MV games. I swear they only read your email about 5% of the time. Otherwise it's a reply that has absolutely nothing to do with the question.

Easter again..:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.