1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM CABANA- for two?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by SunnyGal0728, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunnyGal0728

SunnyGal0728 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I are heading to Vegas in mid-July to celebrate my birthday and will be staying th the Signature at MGM. I've always wanted to rent a cabana and looking at the prices at the MGM Grand there are four options:

18+ (Private reserve) Revive pool cabana ($250)
    Lazy river front cabana ($400)
    Producers pool cabana ($400)
    Lazy river back cabana ($400)

I'm confused where the "Reviv" pool is and why it would be cheaper than the others? Anyone have any ideas? I tried to contact the concerige but they seemed confused on what I was asking.

Also, is a cabana too much for two people? Having your own space with sun and shade really appeals to me and my husband.

Thanks

2. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $250 for a cabana is a steal considering that's how much food and beverage credit you'll get. Mid July will be scorching so a cabana for shade would be smart. Call the grand pool complex, not the concierge to get the best info about the pools. They can also send you a pool map showing all the cabana and day bed locations. As well as the cabana food and drink menu.

Revive cabana is by the Director's pool. A small pool exclusive to the 21+ only. Don't be confused, it's not a party pool, but a quiet adult only pool great for couples or people that want to be away from the screaming kids and loud music. They also have their own bar area that's really nice but since you'll have a cabana a server will be taking your orders and bringing your food.

Lazy river cabana is usually the most expensive because that's the fun area. LOTS of kids and young party goers on that side. it's close to Wet Republic, the pool club, so it can get loud with music and pretty energetic. I'm not always in the mood for that.

I say pass at the producers pool cabana. It's just a normal pool area. It offers nothing different.

So it really depends on what you want. A cabana day usually means you're spending most of the day at the pool so I prefer to stay at the director's pool most of the time and move over to lazy river when I want some fun pool action. Nothing is stopping you from stopping by all 5 or 6 pools the MGM has throughout the day. Heck all the cabanas come with 4 complimentary inner tubes so you can float along the lazy river. Just choose your "home base" wisely.

I booked the Revive cabana for my trip in June. $250 is a great price. As the date moves closer the price will go higher. You will also get that much in food and beverage credit.. Think of it that you're basically agreeing to buy $250 worth of food and drinks and the cabana is free (not counting taxes and gratuity). And $250 is "reasonable" for a couple to spend at the pool if you don't mind splurging and spending most of your day there. Bucket of water, lunch, snacks, drinks, appetizers. it will add up for sure since pool menu prices are always high. Food and beverage minimums for cabanas are the best way to go... the people who complain about F&B minimums would probably never get a cabana anyway unless it was free.

I called the pool to book mine and got a deal @ $200. Sounds like you're going mid week so you can always negotiate. Booking online vs booking on the phone is the same so might as well book on the phone to try to negotiate a deal. Remember to call the grand pool complex, not the concierge.

Originally I had a cabana @$250 day 1 and a day bed @$100 day 2 (day bed is also a great option). I asked if I can just split those costs among both days because $250 was too much food and drink for a couple and $100 might be too little. Just have $175 worth of F&B a day. They wouldn't lose money. Win/ Win... The guy just ended up lowering the cabana to $200.

And yes, a cabana might be too much for a couple. But if you get it @ $250 or less it will be a steal... Book early. I've been price watching certain dates and see that prices start to rise about one month out... that $200 cabana is now $350

Oh FYI, the F&B credit doesn't apply to cabanas or day beds you rent at the signature pool. they just have standard rentals... you probably don't want to hangout at the signature pool anyway since the Grand pool is one of the best in town.

I hope this info helps... I still have the pool map and the menu. I can email it to you if you want. have fun during your trip!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lazy river cabana rental in the back FTW :thumbsup:

$400 is alot for 2 people to consume, but I suppose you could do it if you spend the entire duration in the cabana? (order food and top shelf drinks)

4. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So cabana #9-14 in the lazy river are in the back and offer a great view and shade throughout the day. They are right up against a building wall and get a lot of shade from the sun. But it's not a great choice if you want time to sun bathe in front of your private cabana, you'll have to walk over to the public lounges where the sun comes in. If you do that then what was the point of getting a cabana?

$400 - might be a little too much food and drink for a couple. And you can't transfer that cost over to room service or other resort costs like the spa. The F&B minimum will only apply to food and drink you consume at the pool. Come hungry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SunnyGal0728

SunnyGal0728 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much for your detailed response!! I would love the menu and map if you wouldn't mind :)

6. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here you go. I'll just attach it to the message just in case other people want to see it. I hope it comes out clearly.

Attached Files:

7. Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, prices have jumped since last year. Still the F&B minimum makes it a good deal. Rumor is you can bring one beer in and put it in a cup.

8. imamelfan1

imamelfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! I have been looking all over the internet for months for the cabana menu. We have two reserved for my birthday in a few weeks. Thanks!

9. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at the MGM a couple if years ago. Nobody checked our bags when we left. Took some beer and water back to the room. Maybe an idea - order an extra bottle of vodka or even champagne ( even non- perishable food?) and take it back to the room.

10. B Rox

B Rox Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We didn't hit our minimum spend by the end of the day. So I ordered 2 burgers & fries to take carry back to the room. Seemed like they didn't care.

11. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    General note: MGM Resorts has a website that has info on Cabanas at ALL Las Vegas properties:

https://cabanas.mgmresorts.com/en.html

Of course, you can also book a cabana at this site as well.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's another cabana map for the MGM.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.