1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Avail. of rental cars at midnight

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by in4mation808, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a next planned trip, we'll be arriving around midnight. Just was wondering if anyone had experience with the availability of cars at this time of the morning? We're renting with Alamo, so if that helps.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a reservation, they should hold a car for you. If not, then you're at the mercy of Alamo. Have you told Alamo that you're arriving at midnight?

3. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't imagine that's unusual in Vegas. I'm sure you'll be fine.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last few trips ...and in a couple of weeks...Ive arrived at Alamo between 11pm and midnite and while the lot wasnt full there seemed to be no shortage of cars.Did the drive happy rate last time only Jeep brand vehicles were in that aisle.

6. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have never had a problem and have arrived between 11 -midnight a few times.

7. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, the idea that if you have a reservation that this ensures a car will be held for you is simply not true. They even made a Seinfeld episode with this very situation in the plot to poke fun at it.

Aside from that, in my experience there was a period a couple of years ago, when there were no cars available on several of our trips in a row, when attempting to pick up a reservation late night on Saturdays. This was with Dollar and Alamo. We had to wait until a car was returned to pick ours up. I have read trip reports around that time on the LVA site where people had worse stories where they had to wait an hour or more, or settle for a sub-compact, etc. After our issues we then tried renting from Budget mostly, and while sparse, they did have cars available on our Saturday night arrivals.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  8. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think about a year ago we arrived close to 11 pm. We belong to the Budget Fastbreak program where we go to the rental garage and they have my name on a board where they have my rental car assignment parking spot # and from there I would go to the car and drive off.

I could not see my name and they were closing the budget kiosk in the garage. I quickly asked them where my car was parked - they looked me up and assigned me a car on the spot. I asked them what would have happened had they closed the kiosk. They told me I would have to go upstairs and line up. They went on to tell me that they did not have my car assigned as they were assigning as people get to the counter due to shorter of cars. They told me I was lucky as I would have been waiting upstairs in the line and even then when I would get to the counter it may have been difficult to secure a car. Luck was on my side - a minute later and I would have been out of luck for awhile.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    vs. a quick google? Maybe - but it takes longer. LOL!

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, great episode.

And do you want the insurance?
    Yeah, I'm gonna beat the hell out of that car!

12. joeynym

joeynym Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    usually at that time a BMX x5... Or a Chevy Traverse..

13. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm feeling if its midnight and your at the car rental place (the one with all of them in that food court type situation) and your rental company doesn't have what you want - just yell out "Hey! Who has a Black Convertible Mustang available?" and see who answers, lol...

Marco / Polo type thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.