1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

1st solo trip coming right up! Three weeks after my last trip...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by cvkelz, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I just got back from our Trip the weekend before last. It was an impromptu trip that started as a solo trip for me and wound up being an extended solo trip for my husband until I joined him for the last three days. Not sure how he jedi mind tricked me on that, but it happened.

:goofy:

I didn’t anticipate going back to Vegas until our annual week long trip in November as I have maxed out all my vacation days with said trip and a two week jaunt to Maine in October to visit my mother. This sucked because those three days in Vegas recently only whetted my appetite for Sin City.

Long story short, the company that I work for is getting new cubicles and they are going to be installing them on 6/1/17. That is a Friday, and they are closing the call center that day and giving us the day off while they put the cubes together.

So, the local airport runs its flights to Vegas on Thursday nights and Sunday afternoons...

I NEVER would have made this connection, because I’m just oblivious like that. But as I was bragging to my husband that I only have a three day work week next week due to the holiday and getting that Friday off he said: “Hmph, you’d actually have time to do another weekend in Vegas.” Under his breath.

DING!!!! The lightbulb went off in my head and I hopped on the computer to price flights and hotels. I saw the “Oh Shit!” look cross my husband’s face and he started to talk about all the OTHER things that I could do in that weekend instead.

Too late! Since my husband has a gig with his band that weekend, he will not be able to make it, but I sure can! Within an hour I had the flight booked and a hotel reservation made. :headbang:

I’ll be staying at The Linq. We’ve never stayed there before but have walked through it and it was pretty okay. I LOVE Hash House A Go Go, so it could be dangerous being so close to that eatery. :feedme:

My plans thus far are to go see Menopause the Musical and hit up Cosmo to finally go to the Chandelier Bar and of course Eggslut while I’m there. A trip to Bellagio to see the fountains and conservatory and lots of yummy unplanned food.

Anyone have any suggestions for my first solo trip? Any must see/must do things now that the husband isn't around tightening up the purse strings? Not that I can afford to go hog wild, but I think you know what I mean.

I look forward to any input.

2. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What was that restaurant you passed by that you thought was interesting but your husband said no? Well, without him it's half price! Otherwise, embrace your own clock, do what you want whenever you like.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the way you think!

4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip, cvkelz!

I'm still seeking to complete my first solo trip so I can't share any experiences/advice on the subject.
    I've attempted nine solo trips, but my bride has made the flight to Vegas all nine times! :D

RICHARD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.