1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D Pool?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by VegasLover8, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

How is this pool? I am a pool person, but not when I am in Vegas. I'd rather gamble. Only have 3 days to get my fix.

I am trying to convince my buddy to stay at the D. He is normally a strip person. When I asked him about trying downtown this trip, right away he mentioned the Golden Nugget and their pool.

Will pools even be open on 9/29-10/2? So the question might be moot.

2. robron

robron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D pool isn't really all that exciting. It is located right off to the side of valet parking and the drop off area for the hotel. If you are looking for a "Vegas" pool experience this is not the place.

There is a hot tub and the pool is not really that big compared to the strip pools.
    The one great thing about it though is that it is BYOB. You can take a cooler in and drink all day on the cheap! :beer:

3. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Vegas I early October twice and both times it was high 80s to 90s and the pool was still hopping.

Forget the Golden Nugget though. For as nice as their pool seems on paper the reality is that its jam packed and often impossible to find a seat unless you are willing to pay extra for their adults only pool and a reserved chair. GN has over 2400 rooms which is on par with some strip hotels so their pool facility just can't keep up.

Downtown Grand and The Plaza are far better options with larger pool areas and far smaller room counts. When I stayed at DTG their pool area afforded an amount of elbow room that is unheard of on the strip. It was awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto what Woodsie said. I am a pool person, and would never stay at the D during pool season. Lol, not sure why they even bother with one, kind of like the California. DTG, Plaza, or Oasis at Goldspike all have decent pools, although they are all shallow. Bummer that the Plaza kind of ruined their pool when they remodeled it. Now its only 3 1/2 feet deep. Nice area though.

5. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D pool is definitely disappointing. You are located on street level fenced off from the sidewalk and the parking valet driveway. If you are staying downtown and want a pool, then go with Golden Nugget or some of the hotels that were previously mentioned.

6. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the GN pool is awful until you get yourself a daybed or cabana, which are much more affordable than the strip. Getting one of those gets you access to the adult only pool area too.

7. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D pool is like a cement pond....a motel pool. They should just fill it in.

8. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without that beautiful pool the resort fee would be useless...:poke:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is locate in the parking structure or on the corner of it. Its not much to look at other then a place to cool off. So you have to go out the valet door and take a left and walk across the parking lanes and there it is. on the bright side, I have taken multiple beers there and there is no one to tell you otherwise.

It is a step below a motel 6 pool. srs but still wet and refreshing.

10. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto everything above, with one additional thought. If you still can use the Binion's pool when staying at the Four Queens, it's a pretty cool place. The pool is on the roof, so you have a great view. It's not large, but it's deep and generally there's almost nobody there, since it's only people coming over from the Four Queens. There are a lot of lounge chairs as well as restrooms/locker rooms to change.

Otherwise, the Downtown Grand or the Plaza. Golden Nugget pool is a total zoo. You used to be able to use the adult pool for free after 5 pm. Not sure if that's still the case since we haven't stayed there in over a year.

11. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We didn't mind the pool. It was wet and cool. The hot tub was hot. No scenery as in hot babes and such, but we are way past that. It's a pool. It's cool in summer and you have a hot tub too.

If you want a fantastic pool experience try a strip hotel at a fantastic price. It was good for us, but we aren't fussy. We equate the price to the prize. It works for us.

12. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I'm with you pebbles.

• Like Like x 1
  13. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it reminds me of an old Holiday Inn type pool from the 70's. and I think it is shaded for a big part of the day. Plaza or Grand are much better. GN is sardine city.

14. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Pebbles, although it was small and cold, I still enjoyed it. (I sure don't want them to fill it in!)

• Love Love x 1
  15. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

The D's pool is an afterthought, off to the side past the valet entrance. You have to ask for directions because they hardly even bother with signs.

It is small, and unheated. But you have loungers to get some sun, a decent sized hot tub, and while there is no drinks service, that also means there is no one stopping you from bringing down your own beverages.

16. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there when it was Fitzgerald's for years without ever knowing they even had a pool. People are saying it's near the Valet entrance. Not sure where that is either.

TFK

17. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's at the back of the property. The bell desk is in that area too. Go out the back doors, turn left, and a little way down on your right is the pool area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.