1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Opinions on Solo Trips

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by dnreyes23, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mom is hopefully joining me for July 4 weekend. Wife will be at home with the kids.

Mom now might not able make it. Everything is already booked and my wife can't join me in her place. If I cancel the trip then it gets put back until November, when wife can go.

How are solo trips? I arrive Friday evening at 8pm and depart at 1 pm on Monday. Stay at Bellagio in tower king fountain view room.

2. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be solo for June 28/29 and then I'll have my wife, her brother and his girlfriend around for June 30th-July 4th. I haven't looked forward to a trip to Vegas this much in years. I love spending time with my wife and we have a great relationship, but being able to have freedom in Vegas is amazing if you enjoy gambling or playing poker. It's normally difficult when I'm there to both gamble and give my wife the attention she deserves. She's not as much of a gambler as I am.

I also have my meals planned out. Mostly buffets or good places with full menus at the bar that I've been meaning to try out.

If I didn't like to gamble? I'd never go there solo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do I ever regret my trips with my friends or my mom & her baby sister? NEVER. I love those trips.

However I also thoroughly enjoy my solo trips. I go where I want, eat when I want, sleep as late as I want, stay up as late as I want. Gamble too much & not drink enough lol. Some people hate eating alone - I like to tuck my kindle in my bag & read and relax while eating. I always try to do something new each trip - might be a night flight over the Strip, a different show, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think most people that dislike eating alone are too worried about what other people think of them. The reality is, you aren't important enough for anyone to care that you're eating alone. (I'm including myself in that mild insult)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    been there...not so bad. and on the plus side i have a couple friends that live in town, so
    meet up and share in the debauchery

6. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo trips are great! you will be fine..

7. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think for most its more that you lose the social aspect of a meal which is a big part of what I enjoy about a meal. For me it has nothing to do with dining alone. Sitting at a var helps but still not the same.

8. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo trips aren't bad, you get to do what you want when you want to. I agree with MiamiDave, if you don't like eating by yourself, eat at the bar. Your trip is just the right amount of time for a solo trip, not too long. When I go solo it's usually Friday-Sunday.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  9. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About to go on my 2nd solo trip! I ended up getting bailed on for multiple other vacations and i am in need of a vacation so solo vegas is happening again.
    I feel like your trip is short enough that you would be fine... if you're okay with randomly chatting with people. Because in vegas you're never alone, unless you want to be.

Also, imo a live TR also was even better solo. (No one to question why you were constantly on your phone updating the VMB)

10. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did my first solo trip a few weeks ago. As stated above the freedom to do what you want when you want was very nice.

I like to play video poker, my wife doesn't so i went into poker mode. She loves to play craps and has many awesome rolls - that I missed on this solo trip.

I will definitely do another solo trip.

11. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I agree, sitting at the bar is the best way to go..Bellagio has some good places for solo dining, and you can venture over to Aria which has some great places where you can sit at the bar to eat.

12. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on the replies, solo sounds great. It's craps, BJ, pai gow and slots. Pool time after breakfast everyday for sure. Definitely need to eat at the bar! Feel much better about it now.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jack07

Jack07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely love solo trips! Trips with others have been nice too but there is no stress when you are by yourself doing what you want!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. stavmet2030

stavmet2030 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The vast majority of my Vegas trips have been solo and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm a night owl so I like being able to do what, when and where I want without having to acquiesce to the wishes of others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait! No wife AND no kids to accompany you? Sounds like an awesome solo trip!!!! You'll be fine!! :beer:

16. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a solo trip last summer, I enjoyed it. Freedom!. Eat where/when you want. Sleep/nap as you want. Gamble.

• Like Like x 1
  17. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A big YES to solo trips! 4 of 5 Vegas trips for me have been solo.

Vegas is the perfect town for solo travelers IMO too. Between the convention goers and gamblers like you and myself, there are tons of people to strike up a conversation with or put a stone face on and walk right past!

I LOVE Solo Trips!!

18. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a fan of the solo trips... as others state, complete freedom to come and go, play and sleep and eat, whenever you want. If you're having fun and wind up playing blackjack til the sun comes up and then sleep til 8pm, do it. Not having to coordinate with other people's schedules, plan your sleep or meals around other couples, or deal with someone trying to get you to go sightseeing when you want to catch a buffet and a show, are priceless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you'll have no regrets. and don't worry about the dining alone. if it really bothers you, just remember there are thousand that are on business / convention that dine alone. it's nothing really.

20. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo trips are fantastic. You can do what you want and are in your own place. But be warned, it can be habit forming!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.