1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Working out comp offers vs spend

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Dino86, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino86

Dino86 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey

I'm trying to figure something out and some help would be great

I like to play and my typical coin in is around 160k for 5 days all slots

I get free penthouse or suites and between 800 and $2000 resort credit depending on hotel

1500 free play

I'm going to vegas tomorrow with my partner and I'm trying to think what I need to spend in coin in to receive the same again and therefore able to spend the min on my card then play on my partners and get them some good offers, our accounts are linked with mlife but my partner doesn't get any free offers only discount but then doesn't play a lot

2. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My $70k (over 3 nights) in coin in at MB got me 3 free nights in 2BR suite, $700 FP and $400 RC. I hope this helps a little bit!

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The question I would ask - do you need offers for your partner? Does your partner travel without you?

If not, then building up your "value" by continued play on your card might be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5,000 a night coin in will get him/her three night offers (plus some variable amount of freeplay and resort credit) in at least a standard room at any MLife property.

I would say you can accomplish this on a single day. Do the $5,000 coin in on your partner's card on a single night/day, and then don't use it on any other day of your trip, and, no guarantee, but I think that will do the trick. It's hard to predict how long it will take MLife's offer cycles to catch up to that night's play and generate offers. Could be a couple of weeks, could be a couple of months.

That'll only subtract $5k from your own coin in, reducing it from an average of $32,000 a night to $31,000 a night. It's hard to see how that would have much of an effect on your own offers, although it's possible, you can never really know exactly where all the comp thresholds are.

The thing to remember is that, once he uses one of those offers, they're only going to continue coming if his play continues at that level.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Far as I know if your cards are linked you won't get different offers for your partner at least that's how it is for my wife and I who are linked. We are going to unlink them so we can play a bit under her card to get comp room to bring my dad.

6. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Linked accounts only the higher one gets offers.
    So whatever you do, doesn't make much difference.

7. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your goal is to get your partner offers they can use on their own (or just some extra FP/RC for them to use themselves) you could always give some play to another property. As others have pointed out, since your cards are linked, there's not much more you're going to get. I'm assuming you're at Mlife now, but perhaps you could spread some play under your partner's card at Cosmo/V/P/Wynn and see what offers that generates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.