1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Semi live end of the day trip report. May 10-15

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Sheil813, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Got in Wednesday night at 7:10 from Florida. Called up my usual LVCabbie and he picked us up and brought us to Cosmo where we checked in for 5 comp

53rd floor view.
    [​IMG]

Quick snack before gaming.
    [​IMG]

Chandelier bar was packed on our usual side (near escalator) so we went around to the other side and my husband got this fairly soon after.
    [​IMG]

I got this.
    [​IMG]
    Becky with the good hair. Meh I didn't like it as much as I wanted to.
    But I did like this.
    [​IMG]

Left the chandelier and went to play in front of the HL room.
    I got lucky... I probably won't pay this game again though. I think I was under the influence of Becky...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And then....
    BAM!
    [​IMG]
    My first Royal Flush in 3 years!! We were officially Up 5 Hundy by midnight!
    [​IMG]

We played a little bit more...
    [​IMG]

Then it was up to bed at 11pm. Long day traveling from East coast to West and I knew we would be up early... never could I have imagined how early.

• Like Like x 6
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woke up in the early morning 3am ish to our neighbors partying like rock stars on their terrace. I promptly fell back asleep only to hear a knock at the door at 5am! Room Service he says... I'm like WTF? I didn't order room service so I ignore it. Again knock knock knock. Room Service! My husband wakes up and asks what I ordered?!? I said I didn't and went to the bathroom (priorities). He lays back down and our phone rings. They tell him we have an "amenity" delivery and please open the door. Huh? So he gets decent and answers the door. I walk out to see him holding this.
    [​IMG]

Ha! I'm like - this is my birthday gift from our host! But what the heck?! Why deliver it at 5am?
    I don't care I was actually secretly happy because I was hungry! They were pretty good too.

Back to sleep. We have a rental car booked to go see my husbands friend up in Summerlin later today.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. DharmaForOne

DharmaForOne Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's so odd about the 5am delivery.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    8am Thursday.
    Rental car acquired for the grand price of $1.43! I am a Hertz President club member and used my points. It's so convenient at Cosmo.
    Off to Suncoast because I have never had Dupar's pancakes and wanted to try them before that location closes down.
    Terrible service. But the orange juice and pancakes were decent.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We shared the full stack and I had 2 OJ and my husband had milk. The bill was around $25. Sooo I won't be back. I don't think it was worth it.

Last time I was at Suncoast I hit a $2k Royal. Sadly not the case today.
    We did get some ok hits though and left up a few dollars. Pics... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I tried this wheel spin game. Came out ahead.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Left Suncoast and drove to Red Rock. I love this place. It is gorgeous.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They sort of have a "chandelier bar"
    [​IMG]
    A few good hits
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The best thing I had was this ...
    [​IMG]
    Pear vodka, St Germain and lemonade. It was great. After 2 of those I was not caring why we came here or that we had lost our daily bankroll! I was having a great time just looking around.
    So off we go back to the strip...
    [​IMG]
    We were about here when my husband remembered we were suppose to meet his friend for lunch! Oopsie! Vegas! We invited him down for dinner instead!
    I love driving the strip. It still gives me the tingles.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back to home base and also remembered we didn't put gas in the rental! Tell ya what- when your mind is set on winning and then you lose - you just lose your mind and everything goes out the window for a bit.
    Oh well they didn't even check the gas. I was charged the $1.43.. it's a win! Whoop!

So now to right the ship. We were hungry and my husband wanted to eat at In n Out. Although he said let's go to Down and Out.. I'm like, huh? Ok? Then realized as we were walking across from Caesars what he was saying!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I like In n Out burgers. It was about a 10 minute wait and cost $15 and was worth it.

After lunch we went to O'Sheas. Lost some more - but now since my husband wasn't driving he joined me in drinking! We had a few vodka Red Bull's and decided to go into the Linq. I don't know why. We have never won there and the one time we stayed there we didn't like it. We played DSTP and got some drinks and had zero luck.
    Left there and went to Bellagio again got some drinks and had zero luck. Always playing DDB or TDB.
    Oh I just remembered this doozy... from earlier at O'Sheas

[​IMG]

I had been drinking and was just trying to play and not lose. I am pretty sure I cussed really loud. I should take this win and smile and be appreciative I know. But it's hard when this should have been a 400 credit win or better yet a 4000 credit win. I literally smacked myself on my head.

Oh well from Bellagio we went back to cosmo and the losing streak continued.
    The drinking streak was going ok though.
    [​IMG]

Off to bed around 11 again. Neighbors waking us up around 4am. Hence this trip report. It's 6am now. We are going to the pool today. Hoping for a turn around in luck tonight!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck today and if you can't beat the neighbors, join them! Lol Good report so far!

6. jlee1224

jlee1224 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amazing all of the big hits you've had on VP. This is why I never play JOB anymore. I will end up getting premium quads with kickers and be mad about it. :)

7. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a great day today, and some big wins tonight!

8. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

thanks for a wonderful report. Hope you have some big hits today. Good luck.

I need all the luck I can get!
  9. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice! I just might!

10. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Cosmo Blvd pool. Fairly quiet and empty this morning. [​IMG]

A bit windy today. Feels nice to me!

11. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does look nice and quiet there at the pool- enjoy it and good luck today!

12. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love your writing style...fun with great pictures. Thanks for bringing us along!!!

13. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saturday morning! No wakey wakey from the neighbors! Maybe they checked out...
    yesterday was a daybed at Cosmo pool all day. 9am to 4pm. Around 3 our waitress (?) came up and said we still needed to spend $120 to get to our F&B of $500. I honestly didn't think we would come close! But I was drinking $20 mojito's all day!
    [​IMG]

My husband was drinking Tito's and pineapple.
    We had a great time and met half of Toronto I believe.

Momofuku was on my list of things to do this trip and thankfully my husband was lubricated enough that he wasn't able to say no! He is literally a steak and potatoes kind of guy. I also told him we could have ice cream after so he was happy with that!
    One look at the menu and he said "I will just eat at secret pizza after!" Such a brat.
    However. I did convince him to order the Pork Ramen. And he loved it!!

[​IMG]

I had the pork bun also and wish I would have just ordered 4 of those to share with him, since he loved that too and we could have shared the Ramen. It was so good and flavorful. I wasn't sure about the egg but I loved it and so did Mr Picky Pants! The best part is that the dessert at Momofuku is from Milk right next door. I knew they were both David Chang establishments but I did not know that they served it there. So happy!
    Got the birthday cake ice cream for dessert. Another reason to share dinner - so I don't have to share dessert!

[​IMG]

I did partake in another drink at dinner
    Vodka with lemon juice and st germain.
    [​IMG]

Even though my husband enjoyed the food, he still said "we just paid $100 for 2 bowls of soup?!" Ugh [emoji58]

It's 6:30pm and Friday night in the big city and I was ready to get my gambol on! Unfortunately my husband was day drinking since 9:30 in the morning and could barely keep his eyes open! Until he hit this.

[​IMG]
    4 jacks for $1000 will wake you right up!

I couldn't sit still at any one machine and the people watching was good tonight. Went back over in front of HL room and this happened.

[​IMG]

The multipliers were working for us tonight!
    So it's about 9:00 and now we are both dragging. Yep, Friday night in Vegas and I want to go lay down! But we fought on and played some silly slots (nothing ventured nothing gained. No really nothing was gained) and stayed awake long enough for this.

[​IMG]

And then the grand finale of the night! In front of the Cosmo sports book.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We felt good about ourselves for staying awake until 10pm! Coming upstairs up about $1300 didn't hurt either. Still down about $2k for the trip but we are fighting back! Comeback kids!

Saturday is our recovery day. No plans until STK dinner and then Journey at Hard Rock.
    Until then party people...

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two Royals? Sweet!

15. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! We are both psyched about it. The first $1k was mine and the second $2k was my hubs. Hunting for a 3rd today!

16. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! We did well! Rally on!

17. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Hope to keep you entertained the rest of the weekend!!

18. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was nice and quiet for about 1 hour. Then it became fun!! Lots of great people around us and we had a shit ton of fun!

19. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, congrats on the royals.....keep it going and enjoy!

20. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never get tired of the terrace views at Cosmo. I wouldn't be happy with the early morning host gift, wth?!

Congrats on the Royals...keep 'em coming!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.