1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New M Life offer - Question about comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by smithipedia, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got my updated offers from M life and I had a couple questions.

upload_2017-5-11_8-47-48.png

MB is offering the above - does "Luxury" suite really mean anything? Is this just one of there standard suites? The reason I ask is Aria's offer specifically says Sky Suite
    upload_2017-5-11_8-49-14.png

And then MGM just says "Suite".

upload_2017-5-11_8-50-1.png

I just want to make sure that I am getting the best room I can based on the offer when I call my host.

Second question:

I already booked a room at MB (2 room suite 1K, 2QQ). My host is covering that and Limo... but that was it. Now I get this offer which is better... so I am going to call him and see if he can add my FP and RC to my upcomming stay. I also was invited to the MB Millions Slot Tourny which he put me in for; is it asking for too much to get the FP/RC and the Tourny (even tho I will only win $200 in the tourny)?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure MB uses the term LUXURY for marketing purposes. But, if you are coded by your host and it is the weekend, you can use the vip lounge up top.

Guessing some will say the Aria Sky Suites are nicer, but we much prefer MB - especially if the weekend and lounge. Looks like MGM is giving you some kind of suite. Could even be one of those fake suites (no door to to bedroom).

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just select a hotel, pick some dates, and it will show you how high a room type they'll comp. A host may do better.

The pecking order is Aria, MB, MGM Grand. MB and MGM Grand both have a bunch of room types that are non-suite "suites." But if Aria is giving you a Sky Suite room, that, plus the FP and Resort Credit amounts ought to bode well for what you can get at MB and MGM Grand, it should be near the top end of their ranges, like a Skyview at MB or a Penthouse City View at MGM

4. illmatic9434

illmatic9434 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MB recently redid their rooms, and im sure the suite you are receiving will be the best possible besides the media/hospitality suite.

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, here's another thought . . .

If you are considering taking/getting backend comps, I would base it on the "value" of the comp suite. For me, a suite is a suite, unless there's someone accompanying me that I am trying to impress.

The difference between a $500/night suite and a $700/night suite is $200 in comps.

6. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agree with the above. It depends on your preference.

For me, most of the time, I don't see the difference between a regular room and a suite
    as I only lay on the bed for a couple of hours a day, sometime even never use the bed at all.
    Many people care about the view, I never bother opening the window curtain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried that at first but it wouldn't work. I just tried again and it is working for all but Aria's, which I assume I have to call since its the Sky Suites. They are not offering me any crazy nice suites thru the website so I will call the numbers and see what I can actually get. Thanks for that answer tho; I feel silly not realizing I should just check and see what the site offered, lol!

My next 2 trips are to entertain others; bachelor party and then girlfriend's parents SO I actually care about the room for once. Any other time, I normally take a standard room since I only sleep a couple hours a day in Vegas!

8. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I asked my host to attach my new offer to my upcoming stay in June and his response was:

"I can definitely put you on the requested offer for the trip. I am unable to use the offer for the slot tournament and the resort credit/freeplay offer on the same trip. Please let me know if that works."

So he is saying I will lose my Slot Tourny (The Street Art OF Winning MB Millions #2) but instead get the $700 in FP and $400 RC...

What would you do?

9. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming you have the time, I'd keep the slot tourney(also assuming you're getting a comp room and upfront F&B comp there) and do another trip for the corporate offer.

Another option is
    What I'm doing is using the corporate offer away from my "hosted" properties (MB and Mirage) to, 1) check out a different Mlife property(thinking NYNY) and 2) not worry about having to play to such a high expectation to cover the cost of the comps being offered.

10. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My up-front offer was just the room (2 bedroom K/QQ) and airport transfer and the slot tournament. I then just got my updated offers, which appeared better... This is my hosted property so it seems like I'm getting the shaft from my host. If I lose the tourny, I could have stayed at Bellagio with my corporate offer.. so basically I'm getting nothing extra from my host or main property.

I think that the corporate offer is actually better then my host offer; the odds of placing in the top 5 of the tournament is very low.. so I would be throwing away $700 and $400 for just $200 in Freeplay...

11. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you take your corporate offer and pay for the entry into the slot tournament. I am assuming that it is less then $1100. That is if you really wanted to do it.

Sons 21st birthday trip
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a free entry tourney so no way to pay for an entry. Good thought tho!

13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally always pick FP/RC over tourney entries, and that's with a lot less FP/RC than what you have. (For me, usually 250/200). BUT, I am a bit of a cynic, and I like a bird in the hand versus two in the bush. I never bite on tournament offers because mine don't come with RC...which I love.

But tournies aren't a big draw for me...it just depends on what you want applied! Either way, great offers, and have a great trip!

14. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems silly to throw away $1,100 in comps for what will most likely be $200 in free play from the tournament winnings. I hate throwing away the possibility of the $35,000 top prize though... it sucks being a gambler and wanting to gamble, lol! Looks like I am throwing out the tourney and going with the guaranteed comps; just seems smarter.

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The slot tourney accommodations and entry is an offer. It'd be double dipping. I'd take the bird in the hand.

@cjcjcj has a good point though, if you are thinking of a future trip that falls within the corporate offer dates, then do the tourney this time and book the corporate offer for the next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.