1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ping Pang Pong Opening tonight May 10.(maybe)

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by BackInVegas, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new Ping Pang Pong is across from Noodle Exchange and is where there was a lounge showroom thing, right behind the Sports Book.(so I know where it is)

The restaurant looks spectacular.

I asked the staff when the opening was and they said Wednesday, May 10. Of course, my restaurant person might not have known the actual date,

not sure if this is the Grand Opening or just a soft opening.

2. andym10

andym10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just at the Gold Coast last week and saw that it was still boarded up. Had a late dinner at PPP and it was as good as ever! I can't wait to go back and try the new place.

3. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the current PPP is closed? to move to the new place?

4. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new place opened today at 10am. Don't know about the old place.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Old place was open Monday, I was there. Sometime to today I'll walk over from the Palms and check it out

6. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new restaurant is OPEN. I just talked to the staff. When I asked if it was the Grand Opening they gave me a confused look. Then I asked if it is a soft opening.

the old restaurant is closed and has a sign that says to visit the new location.

Lunch is from 10 to 3 PM.

Dinner starts at 5 PM. No reservations needed unless you have a party of four or more.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just at the new place. It looks great. And it was packed (as was the old place most of the time). I took a couple of pics. I'll post when I can.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, is it bigger then...will more seating?

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't go on and walk around but it certainly looks bigger. Considering how much they spent on this place and that the old place was always busy I'd be very surprised if it's not larger.

11. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw this at noon today. There was a line to get in and it looked very nice in there. We probably won't have time to check it out this trip, only a few days left, but it looks good.

12. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we went Monday at 10:30 (they open at 10) it was already crowded. The Dim Sum is extremely popular and it's only served for lunch.

13. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in VegasVics pictures. Which means he was there around 7:00 PM or a bit later.

The place seems larger than the old restaurant but I only ate in the old restaurant twice. The raised ceilings help make it seem larger. But I will take a guess and say, yes, there are more tables than there were in the old restaurant.

There is a fancy seating area in the back right that was not used. It looks like it is for events or maybe it was reserved for later on Wednesday night. If you include the fancier event seating in the back right, then there are way more tables.

The teapots suck. My wife, my son, and myself all poured tea all over the table. The trick is to pour really fast so as not to make a mess. Of course, I poured first so I had the most water in the teapot which made my pour extremely messy.

They are still working out the kinks. The servers were very confused on the tables in our area. I think it was screwed up when they joined two tables for my family which then reduced the tables by 1. They would bring out orders for the table next to us(on my right) and then they would bring out the table that was to their right to their table. We joked that we could have just had a buffet from them always trying to guess which table ordered what.

They also forgot to bring us our appetizers, the tea my wife ordered, and my egg custard dessert. But I was fine with that as I knew they were all getting accustomed to the new system. All the servers use a device(iPad?) for writing down the orders. You pay on your way out.

I can now say I was at Ping Pang Pong on its opening night in its new location.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got back to the Palms at 12:30 and we were hungry. Walked over to PPP (open until 3am). Same menu as before. Service was good but there were only about 10 people in the place. It's definitely bigger than the old place and it looks great.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  15. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to @BackInVegas and @vegasvic, I am going to try it next week, perhaps more than once.
    I really like that they open very late when most restaurants closed.

16. blust2i3

blust2i3 Tourist

Dim Sum in Hong Kong is supposed to be served as breakfast and lunch and closed at 4 PM.

17. blust2i3

blust2i3 Tourist

Dim Sum is also only served for lunch in Hong Kong.

18. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just for the heck of it, here is a small history: The characters Ping, Pang, and Pong are 3 comic characters from Puccini's opera Turandot (You may also be familiar with Puccini's La Boheme). Great stuff, listen to P, P and P as sort of the "Comic relief" in a stunningly grandiose opera. Luciano Pavarotti played the male lead in Turandot many times during his extensine career.
    - bcc

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks a lot! Interesting to know.
    I only knew "Ping Pang Pong" was not an English translation of the Chinese name of the restaurant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.