1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rio/Strip Shuttle Changes

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by vegasvic, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always found the Rio shuttle to be very convenient. Two shuttles, one to Bally's and one to Harrah's. They ran frequently and they never completely filled up (Sunday through Thursday, I've never taken it on a weekend).

But now they have just one shuttle. To Harrah's. And just one vehicle. We took it from the Rio at about 5:45 tonight and the line was long. Returning from Harrah's about 11 the line was even longer. About 3 shuttles worth. I'm assuming they will have more than one vehicle on the weekends but maybe not.

They also now require riders to be TR members. They had staff at the Rio going through the line and signing people up if they weren't members. They were given temp gold cards. However, coming back the driver didn't check for TR cards.

I talked to a guy at the Rio and he said having just one shuttle is a "test". I think they're just cutting costs. And a lot of people didn't like having to sign up for a card as they stood in line. Personally I have no problem if they want riders to be TR members to take a free shuttle. But having just one shuttle and having a much longer wait makes this shuttle no longer the great service it once was.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope they will change their minds. I don't care to spend my vacation waiting in line, so I will now avoid going to Rio.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. I know I won't be using it the rest of my trip. Such a tiny little amount of money to save a large corporation in exchange for pissing off customers.

4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    another stupid beancounter move. idiots

will have to check this out with a driver friend of mine

5. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Were they really customers if some potential riders didn't even have a free TR card?

I do agree with you - what are they saving by making the free service more difficult to use.

Sadly it seems that is the constant story in our country these days. Save a dime screwing the customer, lose a dollar in the long run.

Couple days of fun…
  6. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow... staying at Harrahs in a couple weeks and plan to make several trips on the shuttle to the Rio wine cellar while I'm in Vegas. Do they still ask for 7* and diamond card holders to board first?

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to wonder about the thought process; keeping the shuttle to Ballys vs Harrahs would be a more central location to Caesars properties. I often use the shuttle to Ballys from Rio when staying at Palms and then end up playing at Rio, Ballys, Cromwell and Paris. Without the shuttle, if I Uber, I'll go straight to Cosmo.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guessing they not only want to cut costs, but don't want people parking at Rio and taking the shuttle to dodge fees.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard him ask for 7*, I didn't hear him ask for Diamond but I wasn't really paying attention.

10. PerryP

PerryP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're probably toying with the idea of charging $20 per day for the shuttle to Rio.

• Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. sabre

sabre Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There were 3 shuttles running. One went to the LINQ area as well.

This is a terrible move by CET.

12. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Palms has a shuttle to Caesars that runs every half hour. It does say you need to present a Palms key to use the shuttle, but I wasn't asked for it.

13. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, there have always been just 2. The Harrah's shuttle drops you off in the rear of Harrah's, close to the High Roller.

Quick update, I just walked from the Palms to the Rio, no one was signing people up on line for a TR card. I'm not sure if the driver is still checking.

14. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not many take that shuttle. It's a nice option if you're staying at the Palms but it only runs until 8 pm

15. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely new. We had a Ford Transit for the wedding group & I took the girls. We forced the guys to take shuttle from Ballys. Glad I didn't have to make two round trios!!!!

(First week in April)

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  16. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's really a stupid move for CET. After all guests are pissed off, no one would go to Rio.

17. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, the stupidity continues with Harrah's properties. Seems like they are very happy to leave Rio cast aside on the island. Still like the place for its large if older rooms but if they're gonna make things difficult getting back/forth to Strip, just as soon take Coast shuttle to GC/Orleans and play there instead

FWIW, Palms was definitely checking for room keys. Only a 15 passenger van so this could be a major factor. It was the weekend....

18. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rarely use the Palms shuttle; the driver is a miserable SOB. Always seems to be the same guy; you can recognize him by the support hose socks he wears and the snarl he always seems to have as a permanent facial expression. Guess his feet hurt :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never saw more than 2 people waiting for the Palms shuttle this week. Granted it was week days not the weekend.

20. nfcwestbest

nfcwestbest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read your post last week.and have just cancelled two nights at the Rio because of the shuttle situation. Every trip we spend a couple of days in the Ballys (Race and Sports Book) & Ellis Island area. I don't drive in Vegas and am too cheap for a taxi. So when I spotted the Tuscany had a sale on yesterday for $24 a nite I jumped on that and cancelled the Rio.

No resort with LVA coupon
    Everyone's a Winner Contest Freebie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.