1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Running a few errands, who will drive me around?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Kisby, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I arrive in Vegas this coming Sunday, May 14. Staying at MB for 6 days. I will need to run a few errands when I get there. Walmart, maybe Walgreens, like that. Who can drive me around and wait while I run into the store? Uber, Lyft, cab, limo? I don't want to spend a lot. Altogether it should take about 1.5 hours including driving a shopping.

2. CMUCPA14

CMUCPA14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you consider renting a car or is that not in play here? I imagine that'd be cheaper for the day than any taxi/Uber/Lyft would probably charge.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  3. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about that, but I was looking at all my options. I can rent a car from the MB Avis desk for about $100.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think you could get several rides on Lyft or Uber for that rate. I'd go with one of those. Not sure they will wait for you, but requesting another ride is easy from the app when you are done shopping.

5. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas Cajun drives for Uber/Lyft old bean.

Expect a contact from Ralph

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  6. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber/ Lyft will wait for the quick ones.. At least our driver waited for us at the liquor store

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do Uber/Lyft. And if Walmart is on your list, plan on getting everything you need from them.

8. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will the uber/lyft driver wait while I'm in Walmart (15 minutes, I'll pay extra)?

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, stick to one place and be done with it. Just a suggestion of course.

10. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to do Uber/Lyft, see if you can make an arrangement w/the driver ahead of time. They will sometimes turn "on" when you arrive from the store or wherever so that when you use your app, they're your driver. You can also add a destination in Lyft (not sure about Uber) so you could do hotel to Walgreen's and Walgreen's to Walmart on the same ride. Not sure how long they are willing to wait at the midpoint, though - mine's never been more than 5 mins.

11. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be sure to generously tip your driver

12. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Hi Kisby,

Most drivers will probably wait for you, I would, but it's not guaranteed or mandatory that they do. It's really up to the individual driver if they want to wait while you shop.

Las Vegas Uber and Lyft charge .15 cents a minute $9/hr for waiting. Uber and Lyft take their cut of either 20% or 25%, depending on when the driver came on board.

In my case I came on board after the 25% cut went into effect, Jan 1st 2016. So I would only get $6.25/hr for waiting, not worth my time unless I get a decent tip out of it.

I usually wait, it's been mixed with tips, I've been stiffed (no tip) and I've been tipped really well for waiting.

If it's going to be 15 minutes or more the cost of requesting another Uber for the next leg is going to be about the same as if you asked the driver to wait for you. Less than a 15 minute wait you come out ahead because the service fee is charged on each trip.

Hope this answers your question. :D

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.