1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Offer for TR Visa Cardholders - 300 TCs For Every 2 Purchases @ TR Properties Through 5/31

Discussion in 'Comps' started by YOleven, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOleven

YOleven Tourist

I received an email this evening to sign up for a new promotion for TR Visa cardholders. Essentially, you can earn 300 tier credits (that's right...tier credits, not RCs) for every 2 purchases made at TR properties through 5/31. I assume this email went out to all TR Visa cardholders, and sign up is required to take advantage of the offer. For me personally this works out great, as I have a LV trip planned for late May.

For those interested, I've posted the fine print from the email below. Surprisingly, they're allowing a maximum of 9,900 TCs to be earned through this promotion. For those with trips to Vegas or other TR destinations planned for this month, there may be a lot of TR Visa cardholders making multiple, small purchases (water, candy, postcards, and so on) at TR properties this month to take full advantage of the offer!

Here's the fine print...

Subject to credit approval. Cardholder is required to register their name and Total Rewards account to be eligible for the bonus earnings. Earn 300 bonus Tier Credits for every 2 transactions at a Total Rewards destination when using your Total Rewards Visa Card. Bonus Tier Credits will be credited to your Total Rewards account within 30 days after May 31, 2017 for qualifying purchases between May 4, 2017 through May 31, 2017. Bonus Tier Credits will be capped at a total of 9,900. If you need assistance registering your name and Total Rewards number to participate in this promotion, please contact the Customer Care Center at 1-855-381-5715.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not yet seen the offer. Was it from Comenity Bank, or Total Rewards?

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  3. YOleven

YOleven Tourist

The message was sent from an email address with a "email.caesars-marketing.com" domain, so I'm assuming that it's an offer specifically from Total Rewards and not Comenity.

4. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't receive this but will call tomorrow about registering--thanks for the info
    Trying to figure out though when they say 2 transactions if they mean 2 separate transactions or if I buy 2 items would that count as 2

5. YOleven

YOleven Tourist

My understanding is that 2 separate transactions are required to earn 300 tier credits. So, to take full advantage of the offer and earn the 9,900 tier credit limit, you would need a total of 66 separate transactions at Total Rewards properties from now through May 31st.

6. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got it and registered since we are in Vegas statting today.

7. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same email last week and will be taking full advantage at Bally's in a couple of weeks. I normally pickup room supplies at the ABC store the first day but with 300 tier credits for every two purchases looks like I'll be visiting a company store at Bally's daily to cash in on the easy credits.

Mark

8. YOleven

YOleven Tourist

Yup, I'm also hoping to take full advantage of this offer during my upcoming trip in a few weeks. There's no mention in the fine print about "participating" restaurants and retail outlets, but since there are some restaurants and retailers at TR properties that have no ties to Total Rewards in their point of sale system, it would probably be wise to stick to establishments at which you can earn and redeem TR reward credits, as I'm guessing only these may be designated as true "Total Rewards destination" purchases for this offer.

Along the same lines, there's no mention of having to present your Total Rewards card (in addition to using your TR Visa) when making qualifying transactions, but that would probably be wise as well. If nothing else, you'll earn a few reward credits from your purchases.

On the TR website, I found this list of establishments at TR properties at which reward credits can be redeemed and earned.

9. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've tried searching to see if this offer would apply if you get the TR Visa now, but can't find any info. Also, does it say anything about a limit on eligible transactions at each Total Rewards destination? My girlfriend needs about 9000 points to make Diamond. She wants to get the card and load up on gum and mints if there are no transaction restrictions AND if the offer would apply to her as a new cardholder.

10. mikewolf13

mikewolf13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could someone post the link the registration site? (of course no guarantees it will work if it was a targeted offer) but maybe? It would be much appreciated.

11. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both of us each have a separate TR credit card account and several times one of us receives an email about an offer that the other one does not receive. I've then registered both cards for the offer on the website, and did not receive any error messages. But, after meeting the required transactions, only the account that was sent the email received the rewards. So, I can speak from experience, if you don't get the email for the offer, you probably aren't going to get the rewards for completing the offer, even if the website appears to allow you to register using a different card for that offer! Just my experience with these type of offers.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  12. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An update----I called Customer Care Center at 1-855-381-5715 and they are not able to do anything at that number--but she gave me the number for total rewards that handles the credit cards.
    The correct number to call is 877-716-4500 and press option 1.
    The girl I talked to was very nice and registered me over the phone--all she needed was my TR number and the promotion I was interested in---she knew exactly what it was when I said the 300 Tier Credit promo. I do have to say I mentioned to her that I wasn't sure if I had received an email on it and deleted it in error--but was told that was not a problem she could do the registration on the phone so anyone who has not received the mail may want to call to take advantage of the promo.
    I also checked on the 2 transactions and you must have two separate ones for the 300 points--but she laughed and said no reason you couldn't have them ring up 2 items separately which of course would be 2 transactions.
    Hope this helps and if anyone has other questions if you call that number they should be able to answer your questions

13. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think my husband was targeted. I am going to have him check his junk mail, then try and call the number above. We are going at the end of May and would love to use this promo.

14. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just have him call and they will register him as I was not targeted but had no problem

15. greid4

greid4 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice on this one! I wasn't targeted either, but the woman at the number above was very helpful.

16. mikewolf13

mikewolf13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called and the nice lady "registered" me but she did say that if I was not part of the targeted offer, i may not receive credit even though she signed me up

17. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone with the TR card used this offer and how did it work out? I'll post my experience after my trip next week.

Mark

18. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bonus Tier Credits will be credited to your Total Rewards account within 30 days after May 31, 2017 for qualifying purchases between May 4, 2017 through May 31, 2017.
    I did make 6 purchases 3 days ago but they won't show until sometime after May 31

19. YOleven

YOleven Tourist

Just thought I'd see if anyone who participated in this offer has seen the bonus tier credits posted to their TR account yet.

20. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the Tier Credit bonus has posted. I notice I have 1200 more tier credits today. Not bad for $59 dollars of spend on our stay at Bally's last month.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.