1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport fights- FLL

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by loonytoony, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it just me or are these incidents crazy? I get you are mad Spirit cancelled your flight (no pilots) and may not even refund your $19 you paid for your airfare, but why push and shove and harass cops. I can imagine there may be a few cases where you have to get home immediately but holy crap, im pretty sure its gonna be harder once they arrest you. On top of this its Ft Lauderdale so there are other airports very close. These people are nuts. Just my two cents

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fort Lauderdale. That's what the Talking Heads are saying right now.

3. wesraft

wesraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This looks like it could easily expand elsewhere. Glad I picked Frontier instead of Spirit this time.

4. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed!

5. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just heard the news - oh boy well I do agree with you it's not worth all the headaches once police get involved that's just starting- can you imagine you might have to go back to original city for court show up etc??? :bang:

However, this inlcident doesn't involve any customer doing "wrong" it was purely pilots being in strike - I'm sure people were just getting frustrated and had enough b.s. Waiting long line and not getting help as they need to get their destination for whatever reason; family emergency, vacation, business etc. Perhaps federal gov. need to pass/mandate policy for such event so we have system in its place so we can smoothly fix the issues when erupts. Much as I agree with you but we all have different priorities in our lives, I'm sure some people had real emergency;or important meetings etc and they probably had just enough b.s. from airline. I hope people didn't get hurt nor police officers that are involved and eventually they work these out.

6. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was watching a video just now, but it seems like it wasn't "whole" customers way I saw it (limited video I seen) just seem couple/few people getting out of control (actually look like tourists trying get home) and rest group or their apprear to be friends are too busy video taping the situation. Shoo if it was my friend or family member I wouldn't seat there video taping it I would rather try to calm "happening" so my friend will not get arrested (again not worth the headache) video shows 3 to 4 people just too busy shooting video; this doesn't help rather they in police officers way trying to bring situation in control.

7. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you chose to book on Spirit, Frontier or Allegiant you should realize that a delay or cancellation is very possible. AND if cancelled there will be limited options to get to your destination quickly.

There is a reason you booked that "low" fare. All airlines are not equal. You get what you paid for and sometimes you get nothing.

Sadly, either people don't do their homework or they assume it won't happen to them.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 5
  8. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pilots refusing to fly to disrupt the system, spirit is touch and go when running normally, oh boy.

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spirit- not even once

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown them a few times. They don't serve my market, so these have been when I've been somewhere they fly and I needed to be somewhere else they fly. I haven't had any issues with them. They did get me there in one piece and more or less on time. My only gripe is that they used to do this tres annoying live-action infomercial for their credit card in the middle of the flight.

13. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OP/ED: If there's one airport I loathe more than FLL, I'm relatively certain it hasn't been built yet. Unfortunately, these brawls did not develop into full blown riots, resulting in reducing the airport to smoldering piles of ashes and - at the same time - culminating in millions of dollars worth of improvements.

I'm a mediator. It's a fascinating look into how the earthlings make value decisions. Instead of saying "plan-A is not coming to fruition, let me implement plan-B", we would prefer to become slaves to our emotions, which is a slippery slope to incivility. Are you under the impression that ranting and raving and dukin'-it-out will resolve the issue to your liking? Yes, the airline is at fault for the root cause of this situation. But you have a choice. Either stew in your own juices or make progress.

Then again, maybe we like seeing ourselves on social media and... :wink2:

14. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you're saying they should have sat there and done nothing? it's very possible this episode will result in some kind of settlement with the pilots, and end up being positive. And that dr on united prob ended up with millions because of his "outburst', civility is not always the best path when you're being stomped on by someones boot.

15. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do serve my market and I've hesitated to try them because of a higher likelihood of the crap at FLL. I don't doubt they can be issue-free, but the higher disruption risk that comes with the lower prices hasn't been worth it to me. I keep saying "I'll try them out flying to Chicago" (flying from MSP) and I've been in no rush for a long weekend to Chicago...

16. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For there to be a brawl, someone has to throw the first physical punch.
    Is there a line of demarcation between 'done nothing' and ballin' up your fist? Does taking a swing at someone move your cause forward?

And you know, now that I think about, I may just suffer from a fatigue factor associated with WATCH-THIS-BRAWL-CAUGHT-ON-CELLPHONE-VIDEO culture. Black Friday, football games, now the airport BECAUSE YOUR FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED. I guess my bottom line is that regardless of how unsatisfied you are with the explanation for events that you're going through, swingin' your fists is probably way down on the list of tactics for resolution.

If someone were to be a hard ass, I think it'd be difficult to present your boarding pass when you're coolin' your jets at 555 1st Avenue.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People feel entitled to everything nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get what you pay for so if you take el cheapo airlines you need to be prepared for delays and cancellations. We have/had Allegiant airlines fly from Honolulu to the continental US but I heard too many stores of delays and cancellations so I would never consider flying with them. In the long run their nickel and dime tactics and inconsistent flights make it not worth the savings you get.

Yes, you can get problems with any airline, even major airlines but usually they will try to accommodate you one way or another.

But as eddie and others have mentioned above, you have a number of people paying low prices to fly but expect to be treated like kings and queens and they get mad when they don't get treated that way. Well what do you expect when you fly budget airlines?

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Frontier...used them for 3 trips to Vegas...zero issues...maybe Ive just been lucky.

20. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you. I found a STEAL of a deal on Frontier - $76 round trip non-stop from PIttsburgh to Vegas. Both flights were flawless, easy boarding and on time both ways.

Having said that, I was prepared for a delay or cancellation. I was happy neither a delay or cancellation happened. I will use them again, especially if I can get a price near that one. I bought nothing extra, traveled with my one free personal item and let them choose my seat (window both times)

The seats were no less comfortable that any other flight I've taken over the past few years. They were more comfortable than my transatlantic British Airways flight I took last month.

These airlines are certainly not for everyone. Do your homework and then there should be no surprises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.