1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget Lake Charles, a tale of 2 weekends

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by HOUtoLAS, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I thought I would post about 2 recent trips to Golden Nugget Lake Charles that were about 3 weeks a part. One was booked through the host ahead of time. One was booked very last minute, where I woke up and called in for reservation Saturday morning for that night. Room differences were extreme.

Host booked room. Make that suite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My last minute booking.

My view
    [​IMG]

These are pictures from the 1st time I stayed there, but this king room pics are similar layout.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing to complain about with a normal king room there. The suite is very nice though.

2. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Food.

I have only eaten at Landry's seafood, claim jumper quick eats, and Cadillac bar and grill. Although, I have eaten at Saltgrass steakhouse off property. I like Landry's for shrimp and calamari. Claim jumper for late night pizza. I will probably hit saltgrass next time.

Overall I like the food options there.

I earn comp dollars for food faster than I can eat it by myself.

They also have coke products there, as well as Dr Pepper. Way better than I am used to with CET and their Pepsi products.

3. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gambling.

I earn my keep playing video poker, multi handed. I used to play 3 play a lot. Now I am hooked on 10 play. That might be a bad thing. You cycle a lot through at 10 play and the bank roll is all over the place. I am playing DDB, and have been hitting my share of aces kicker to keep me in the positive.

This weekend I was dealt quads on 4 occasions. I had aces kicker a few times. I got a couple multiple aces and kicker variations. Here are pics. Note. If you don't play 10-play, just know that a lot of this goes right back in the machine. I do earn tons of tier points.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was from the trip about 3 weeks ago, when I had the suite. It was a 2 night stay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! It is such a small thing, but offering Coke products is so much better than the Pepsi line up! :)

Thanks for the pics. The rooms look great! I very rarely make it over to Lake Charles. I tend to gamble only a few times per year. I can travel to and stay in Vegas for a fraction of the price compared to Lake Charles. I may have tobites the bullet and book a trip over to Louisiana this summer!

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  5. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gambling continued.

I missed a VP hit from this weekend. It was a good one.

[​IMG]

My other game of choice is blackjack. GN has pretty good blackjack. I play 50 or 100 a hand. Sometimes throw out a quarter to get a bad shoe gone.

I played a lot of double deck Saturday. I have done pretty well at blackjack there. I play mainly in the rush lounge area. The rush lounge can be very loud with the live band. This time I made about 3500 at double deck and lost 1300 at the shoes. The previous trip I was up 2000 at the shoe game.

I sometimes play a little roulette if they seem to be around my 20,17 area. The trip 3 weeks ago I hit 20 for a few times with multiple nickels and possibly a quarter. Right after I lost a 900 bet and 900 double down at the shoe game. So I got that back.

I try to stay away from Mississippi stud. They have 15 dollar tables at GN, which makes it easier to avoid.

Overall, I like the GN there. Good gambling. Good hotel. Good food. Comps decent. They also have a golf course, so I might need to bring my sticks and a buddy to play with.

The best thing is it is only 2.5 hours from my place, as opposed to the 4 hour drive to Horseshoe bossier city. I am already 7 stars again for CET which gets me a chance to hit Elite at GN to see what that is like.

One bad thing for GN is my free play is only good for slots and not VP. I will need to see if I can get it for table games.

6. crm1310

crm1310 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice VP hits thanks for sharing and showing us what is possible!

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report!

8. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and pics! I have to say, this table and chair set up in the "shiitier room" is adorable. I have never seen anything like that in a hotel before.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.