1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Did Planet Hollywood change your reserved ultra panoramic suite

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Kekey, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kekey

Kekey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reserved a comp panoramic suite for July before the upgrades. Do you think they will change my room at check in?

2. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reserved a hollywood hip room and my booking automatically got changed to an ultra hip. Log in and look what it says in your itinerary!

3. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I currently have an ultra hip room booked for mid May. I wouldn't mind if they changed it to one of the ultra resort rooms.

4. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to an email we received all of the rooms at Planet Hollywood are remodeled as of May.................Rick

5. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a regular panoramic room booked for next week. The booking now shows nothing where it says

Room:

I called and they said I had a panoramic view room noted.

I don't trust them so I double booked a room at Cosmopolitan.

6. txaggie06

txaggie06 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MWJ51102 - I am in the exact same boat for May, I booked the panorama suite also and now my room type is missing. Can you let us know if they give you the room or not? Thanks!

7. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will. My res is for May 10th. I called the front desk this morning. The man said we have you down for a suite. I asked if it was panoramic suite. He said "oh yeah, yeah. Panorama."

I hung up a little less confident.

8. sncjr7

sncjr7 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be curious to see how this plays out as I am in the same boat for a reservation in September.

9. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dealing with PHo over the phone is Extremely frustrating. I stayed there last year, and while ultimately it was a great stay, trying to get any information via phone was like pulling teeth.

10. Kekey

Kekey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MWJ51102 - Please keep me posted on your room situation also. My reservation no longer show room choice either, but I saved it to my computer while it was still noted.

11. Kekey

Kekey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MWJ51102 - If you get the room can you also let me know how the extra room works. Is it included or what. Pictures if possible. Thanks

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what's probably happening here is that they have not replaced the old Panoramic Suite room type with the new Ultra name in the database field the online reservations display pulls from. They either blanked it out or deleted it. They may fix that.

@MWJ51102 did you call twice? I can't tell from the way you posted. If on a first call, they said you had a panoramic view noted, and they said it without you prompting them in any way, then I'd feel OK about it. The second account of your call, yeah, that would make me feel less confident, like they were just saying it to get you off the phone.

@Kekey with a screenshot of your original reservation showing the room type, I think you should be OK.

It really depends on what the desk clerk sees when they pull up your reservation at check in. Their screens don't look like the ones on the website, but it's a matter of how the data on their screens are mapped to the reservation system.

13. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. I called twice. The second call was because I didn't feel so confident about my room type the first time, lol.

I do have a email with the Panoramic Suite listed as room type also.

I check in a week from today, so I'll come back and report on my room assignment including some pictures that were requested.

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think with the email you should be fine, except in the case where they overbooked those rooms or something.

The only case I'd really be worried about is if the desk agent's screen doesn't display anything for a room type, or just some vague comment, and you don't have anything to back you up.

15. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we were out in April the web site showed our room type as a Panorama but the TR app just was blank with no room type. We did get the Ultra Panorama Suite and it was great. Good luck and I am sure it is just an update glitch since all rooms are now "Ultra"....Rick

16. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Did you get North or South tower?

17. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The April time we had the south, last time the north. Either one is great but the fountain view on the North Tower is amazing................Rick

18. txaggie06

txaggie06 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Don't forget to update us with what happened on the room situation. I know you only arrive today, just checking! Thanks and good luck on your trip!

19. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They had me in the system as a panorama suite. Gave us a north tower like we asked for. It's huge. Great room. Very clean!

• Like Like x 1
  20. txaggie06

txaggie06 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG AWSOME!! Renovated? Thanks for letting us know! You rock, hope you hit a big jackpot!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.