1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn and Bellagio Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by dtmk66, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We plan on hitting both buffets in 2 weeks has anyone been to either or both lately if so what did you think? :feedme:

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn is the better of the two

I Need Spa
  3. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't compare the two as I have never had the Wynn buffet, but I was very happy with the Bellagio buffet last Thursday evening. We got there about 5:00 PM and everything seemed pretty fresh. I had quite a few crab legs, had some made-to-order tacos (with freshly grilled jalapenos) had great prime rib and a nice hunk of hangar steak. The only thing disappointing was the brisket on the carving station which was way, way overdone.

Was it worth the $38 per person? I don't know... but it certainly was worth it using a MyVegas reward.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, Bellagio hasn't been a "top quality" buffet since mLife bought the property from Wynn.

By top quality, I mean one of the three best in Las Vegas, a buffet "you have to eat at".

I used to promote it, but it has slipped a little, just enough to take it out of the top tier.

I agree with mjames, ":... but it certainly was worth it using a MyVegas reward."

I would suggest that if you don't have a specific reason to visit Bellagio, that you visit the Wicked Spoon at Cosmopolitan ot the Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars as an alternative.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Wynn is best in town, with Bellagio not far behind. Two good choices to eat at, though Bellagio is in the middle of a slight remodel.

6. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed Bellagio, haven't gone to Wynn. I DO personally try to hit the Aria/Bellagio buffet on weekdays versus weekends.

For us, the selection just isn't enough of a huge jump to justify weekend prices, since they have plenty of good option for weekday or even weekday lunch. I also really like brunch, as I can get my beloved eggs benedict.

Plus I always bring a My Vegas BOGO which doesn't work on weekends. $27 vs $80 just makes us happier. ;)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  7. Western

Western King Spring Roll Unlimited Nonsense Abounds.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have had both numerous times and the Bellagio buffet for us is better.

8. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio feels cramped, dark and in need of a renovation. The food is just ok.

Wynn, especially with the recent redo of their buffet, wins this one hands down.

9. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top two buffets in town, with Wynn slightly ahead.

10. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Different people have different opinions.
    Those who care more about the decor, vibe, environment, and food presentation,
    Wynn is certainly a notch higher and Wicked Spoon is also a good choice.
    On the other hand, those people are generally not buffet fans in the first place,
    and should eat elsewhere for that kind of money spent, IMO.

For those who value the quantity, variety of food, and like to get back what they paid for,
    Bellagio is slightly better.

There are still others who care most about the cost, go to off-Strip, many decent buffets for less than $20.
    You can be very full and satisfied for $15 or even $10.
    One time, my family ate the Wynn dinner buffet, after came out, two people still very hungry.
    "Nothing I wanted to eat there."

11. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has been about 2 years since I ate at the Bellagio buffet and about a year since Wynn, but here are my two cents. Of the two, I preferred Wynn. Good quality (loved the Sinatra family recipe meatballs), fresh tacos, live bright atmosphere. They also get the slight edge in desserts. Bellagio definitely gets the edge for size, and I thought the sushi area was slightly better. The B had the almost exact same assortment out 2 years running, but Wynn changed up about 20% of their menu within a year. BOGO or discount? Heck yeah on Bellagio. Full price... pay the extra and hit the Wynn.

12. ScottE

ScottE Roller!

Trips to Las Vegas:

Had breakfast in Bellagio weekend before last. They are actually working on renovations right now.

Agreed it can feel cramped, but never thought of it as dark. Eaten in it many, many times and food has always been OK to Good.

13. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We visited Bellagio buffet on Monday. There was a portion of the food area closed off for renovations. It didn't worry me because the main things I like to eat there were still available. Another friend went yesterday and was disappointed.

To be honest, the closed off section didn't bother me much. I think it may have been the salad area, but there was salad elsewhere on the buffet. Just be aware of the change.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. diamondgirl

diamondgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at both on a recent visit. Had the weekday breakfast at Bellagio, and the weekday lunch at Wynn.
    We've been having breakfast at the Bellagio buffet for years and do not feel that it has changed significantly. I would say there are less breakfast 'desserts', but we don't miss that. They still have everything that we like to eat, but we leave most of the more 'gourmet options' for others.
    As regards the renovation ... when I asked a seating hostess about it on 4/19/17 I was told that they are switching to self-serve beverages beginning sometime in May. That is what is going on behind the mystery curtain near the former salad station.
    We thought the Wynn lunch was very good, but it is meat heavy. There must have been 25 different selections. At lunch Wynn had only one fruit offering ( a mix of melon and lychee) and most of the salad dishes are not free of added dressings and other concoctions.
    It's been a while since we've had dinner at either. Wynn wins the decor contest, but both offered decent food served at the right temperature.

15. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate are the Wynn Gourmet Buffet on Friday and rate it better than the Bacchanal at Caesars and Wicked Spoon, dined last Wednesday. I found their selection had a lot to offer, enjoyed the Latke Station which was a unique offering. We will return to this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.