1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golf Options (paging Ken2v)

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by stackinchips, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I'm looking at a couple rounds of golf for a business trip to LV in May. I've got Shadow lined up already, but trying to decide between these three options, with the rough price for each. So what's the best value?

Rio Secco ~ $150
    Bear's Best ~ $250
    Cascata ~ $450

I've never played any of these but obviously I know that Cascata is the best of the three by quite a bit. I'm down to one of these three. Money isn't really an issue, but I am looking for the best bang for the buck on these three. So @ken2v , (and anyone else with experience) which do you think is the best value of the three?

Just to add, I'm kind of leaning towards BB or Rio Secco, just because I already have Shadow on the books, and I'm not sure how much extra time I'll have to commute there and actually enjoy the experience, however, if that's far and away the better value of the three I may go that route.

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played all three of those and would have a hard time recommending any of them at those prices in May. But seeing money's no object, go with Cascata. It'll definitely be the most memorable experience of the three, and pairing it with Shadow might be kinda cool to compare the two on the same trip.

3. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's during a conference that brings a lot of heavy hitters into to town and there is a lot of golf being played so fees are never cheap, especially not if you want those prime tee times around 8:30-9:30 (enough to recover from the night before, not too late that you're sweating your ass off by the back 9). After giving it a little more thought, I'm kind of leaning towards removing BB from the mix. It seems like it's equal or marginally better RS at best so if I don't go with Cascata, I may as well save $100 and go with RS. Would you concur? That would at least get me down to two options...

4. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure I'd concur. I liked Bear's Best considerably more than Rio Secco. (Not sure this helps because it's all obviously subjective, but I've played 35 Vegas/Mesquite area courses and ranked them all in order of preference. Bear's Best is No. 11 on that list, Rio Secco is 20. That's not to say I disliked Rio Secco.)

To your point, they're all good courses and you're very likely to enjoy whichever you choose.

5. william142

william142 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You going to the SALT conference?

6. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should also add I'm a sucker for views of the Strip from Vegas golf courses, and the day I played Rio Secco I was deprived of those views due to thick smoke from the fire in the Cajon Pass earlier in the week. I might think more fondly of it if I could've enjoyed those views.

7. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not SALT but similar crowd...

8. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What makes you think Ken2V knows anything about golf? ;)

Annual me and Pete
  9. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bear's Best > Rio Sucko

$100 better? I don't know about that. I paid $225 to play Rio Secco. I think I paid $85 to play Bear's Best.

Funny business isn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.