1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What is the worst Vegas show/concert you have seen?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by BobLasVegas, Mar 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeterFan402

JeterFan402 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worst shows that I have seen have to be Ka and Cher's old show at Caesars. IMO

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for David Spade at the Venetian

He clearly did not want to be there - read most of his material - just horrible performance

3. duoglide

duoglide Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So pretty much every single show in Vegas sucks. Lol, gotta love how everyone's taste is different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL that is pretty much standard for this board on subjective topics. However, some end up getting argued to death for 10+ pages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's any consolation Cher stated in a few interviews after finishing her Coliseum run that she hated the show too...

• Like Like x 1
  6. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was way back in March of 2005, so I suppose it could be better now, but I personally don't see how they possibly could make this show better.

We didn't even stay for the food. We were seated up front, right by one of the buffet stations. We hadn't eaten all day and were very hungry. They let the cast go up first and then after them they started with the tables in the back. We would have been last. The food smelled horrible and what we could see on the plates of people walking by it really looked horrible, too.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what'd be official Las Vegas shows, we've only ever seen two of them: Folies Bergere and Dirk Arthur - both we got free tickets to from the Tropicana's players club a few years ago.

Can't say either was a "worst show" as they were both OK, entertained us and for the price we got our moneys worth.

For concerts and shows on tour that stop and do one or two nights in Las Vegas I've seen a few different ones (Kenny Rogers, Sarah Brightman, King Diamond, Type O Negative, God Module) and every one has been good, probably the one I would rank as "the worst" would be Michael Bolton, but that'd be because I'm not a fan of his: he is wife's favorite singer and we were married in Las Vegas and on the night of our wedding he was playing at The Hilton so I was pretty much destined to take her to the show... in the end I was entertained though and enjoyed the show.

8. BethReads

BethReads Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fell asleep during Jubilee, but the worst wast Fantasy. It might have been remotely sexy if slowed to half speed.

9. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantasy sucked. Not enough topless women and too much singing. Luckily I didn't pay for it. Crazy Girls was much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Scooby

Scooby Tourist

Aerosmith at MGM 2002. They suck when they are on a sober kick.
    O - 2001. As a tourist I had front row balcony for my girl and I and was terribly let down.
    Ka - Christmas day 2004. One month into the production with great seats. Snoozaroo.
    Phantom of the Opera. Seats under the chandelier. Zzzzzz....
    Rebels basketball and football - any game. LOL

I am glad I skipped Piff. I liked him on AGT and saw him in a short bit at a show at the Cosmo and enjoyed that. But carrying a whole show would be difficult with that limited shtick.

Did anyone mention Mat Franco? That is another AGT alum that I would consider seeing, but a whole show is tough to fill.

11. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't believe Purple Reign are getting 49 a ticket now. I saw them as a lounge act at the Boardwalk in 2005. Wasn't impressed I guess their value went up after Prince passed.

NYNY,Cannery,Sam's Town Jun4-11
  12. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bette at the beginning of her run: Fantastic
    Bette at the end: Voice was shot, looked tired and barely finished the two-year run

13. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Don RIckles at Desert Inn who knew he sang and tap danced. Not one hockey puck or insult was thrown that night. I don't think he even told a joke or if he did, it wasn't funny or I just did not care at this point.

2. O at Bellagio my wife wanted to see the "hot new show" O. So, getting tickets last minute were impossible. I bought two on some night for a high price, we were the absolute top row. I stood up and the lighting guy told me to sit down because I was blocking the light. I could see the scuba divers in the pool in case of problems. The top part of the stage was blocked as our angle was way too high. People down low could see the performers start their dives, we could only see just as they entered into the pool. Anything going on in the back of the pool stage we could not see.

3. Blue Man group I was psyched for this show. Started off well as we we 2nd row and had on plastic water protection and I almost caught a marshmallow thrown from the cast. Then, it went into a 30 minute liquified twinkie gross routine. Never again.

BTW, I do like Cirque shows Mystere, Ka, Beatles(going to see it again), the traveling shows, and this next trip we are seeing MJ One.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  14. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3.Phantom.......I know I know, great Broadway run but could not wait to get out of there

2.O.......Saw it twice and had trouble staying awake both times.I figured the first time was jet lag until I saw it the second time.

1. Delagurda.... This show had a short run at the Rio in the early 2000s.It was an Argentinian group trying to be like Cirque but was just not good.
    You had to stand in a small tent like venue to see some acrobatic acts. Not good.No humor,No plot just weird
    Walked out with a group of 8 people who were pissed at me for talking them into buying tickets.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  15. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot about Delagurda! Yes it sucked and was comped.

16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember the posters on site for this. "Theater that falls from the sky." Not able to sit for a show would be a deal-breaker for me.

17. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there was a show on the High Roller last February.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ka was a bit boring for me. Well done by the performers and all, but it just wasn't that interesting compared to other Cirque shows I have seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    De La Guarda in NYC are amazing. They never translated well to Vegas. People have short attention spans and aren't able or willing to stand for the show.

20. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I believe it was an Off Broadway (maybe on)hit which is why I thought it would be good.
    The standing was ok with me but the overall show was very,very weak.
    Maybe it had something to do with the venue or maybe the performance was bad but I was there with seven other people and it was unanimous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.