1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The reality car show tour..

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by fischer, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone taken the reality show tour of the local car shops? Last year someone in our group took it and apparently they take you to Counts customs, welder up, and I think the Pawn shop. Anyone done it?

He claimed he liked it, but not sure I want to roll out that kind of do re me for this tour.

2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bride and I have thought about giving it a shot, but haven't yet.

I'm interested in the Count's Kustoms part the most.

Perhaps I could sneak my rusty Chevy Prizm in there to get some work done! :D

RICHARD

3. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and a buddy took the tour.

We went to the aquarium show place and some guy named the admiral gave the tour.

then we went to Count's. pretty interesting and I have some pictures I'll add tonight...one side note
    don't drink a lot of beer before hand because they won't let you use a toilet.
    and don't get caught trying to sneak pictures of the actual work in progress garages ;)

Then we went to the Pawn Shop. very small place and they were doing some
    filming so no pictures allowed.

The last place was Johnny's Toy Shack where I got to talk to Johnny about
    Lionel trains from the 50's 60's era.

We didn't get to go to Ricks Restoration...damn I wanted to have a beer with Kowboy
    buy I did with Rick and his wife when they visited Massachusetts at The Big E Fair.
    She's real looker with a great set of yabbos...and very nice to talk to.
    I asked them if Kowboy is a jerk alll the time or just for the show and Rick
    said he's an asshole all the time LOL

4. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now how long ago was this because I think Rick's has moved.. I was wondering if he was still in business.. And yes his WIFE.. I just assumed ex-showgirl.. Maybe??????

5. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Counts is easy to go on your own. Free to get into the showroom and then there is a pretty large gift shop with shirts etc. didn't see any of the cast. I went last year.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rick's moved to a new location quite awhile ago. I went there 2 years ago in the new location. At that time the regular tour was free, took about 10 minutes. It was like being at the zoo lol. You got to look through a window at the various rooms and watch them (for a minute) work. You couldn't take any pics back there. You could take pics in the showroom (about half is items for sale that have been restored, half was a giftshop). We saw everyone from the show except Rick (he was in the office I guess). For $65 you could do a private tour (with as many people as were in your party) IF someone was available to do the private tour. We did it (just my GF and I) and it was Brettly. Really fun. He's not the "idiot" he's made out to be on the shows. Great guy, took us to the boneyard you see on TV and one you don't see on TV. Answered questions, you could take all the pics you wanted. No time limit on anything. He said they were so backed up that if you brought something in to be restored it would be up to 2 years before it was done. Now it's my understanding that they've changed things up somewhat since they are no longer doing the TV show. I believe there is a small charge for what used to be the free tour. Not sure if they do the private tour.

7. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As noted above by Fligster, Count's Kustoms is a great no cost tour and is only a few minutes off the strip. Last year it took me 15 minutes from my hotel (Paris) and I also toured Carol Shelby's museum which has about 30 Cobras and Mustangs on display as well as a gift/clothing shop. They also offer a tour of the garage which I plan to do when I am there in a few weeks.
    Nice friendly folks at both locations is a plus!

8. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, Counts is less than a mile down the road from Rollin Smoke so you can make it a two for one if you like BBQ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cinwhim

Cinwhim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved Counts when we went. Got to see Rolly (sp?) while there. We're big fans of the show so we liked it. We've been to Ricks several times - last time was Feb 2016 and got to meet Rick for the first time. The times before we've always seen the other guys. Almost always working but all super nice. We rent a car so they're cheap and easy so not sure how the tour is.

And second the recommendation on Rolling Smoke. Great food!!

10. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you talking about the tour run by Counts? http://countscartour.com/ We're big fans of the show and were thinking of this as we'd like to also go and have a meal at his bar Vamp'd.

We did do a different tour a few years back that went to Ricks, Pawn Stars, Toy Shack and some oddities place I can't remember the name of. I know it would be cheaper to just drive yourself to all these places but we enjoyed having someone else take care of that part. It keep us from gambling for a few hours so we thought it was worth it. It is also a great thing to plan on a day when you are switching hotels. We simply dropped our bags at the new hotel and headed for the tour - nice to not be waiting around for the room to be ready.

11. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done the reality tour a couple of years ago. and it was good. Went to Counts, Ricks and the Pawn shop. Also visited Toy Shack and the sports memorabilia shop. Finished with a trip to ATM (Tanked) it was interesting listening to the General. When I'm Downtown I usually visit Toy Shack and the sports memorabilia place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.