1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo 4/16 to 4/21 - Trying to Get Total Rewards Diamond Tier.....

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ogksteve, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ogksteve

ogksteve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My girlfriend and I love Vegas and usually head there for 8 nights every October. Once a year not being enough, we decided to go in April and luckily the Flamingo comped me 5 nights.

Had a nonstop 8:00 am flight from Pittsburgh with Southwest. Got boarding positions A18 and A19 and sat down in an exit row with two seats. Flight attendants were great. I asked for a Bailys and coffee and flight attendant said no need for the drink ticket and said it was on her. Free drink to start the trip!

Landed in Vegas 20 minutes early, grabbed our bags, and requested our Lyft. 3 minutes later our driver Wasef picked us up and we were on our way to the Flamingo. Wasef and I discussed 80's metal and hairbands along the way and 11 minutes later we're pulling into the Flamingo :headbang:. Gave him 5 stars. We're platinum so we walk into the separate Platinum/Diamond/7 Star check-in room (regular line was a crazy mess) and a very nice woman named Sam puts us on the top (28th) floor fab executive room with a strip view. Another Score!
    IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG

The goal for me this trip was to reach diamond status. At the start of the trip I had 400 tier credits in my account so I only needed 14,600 more :oops: . I've read strategies that people on this forum have used to get diamond in a day or two days, and thought I would give it a shot. Told my girlfriend this will be my project for the next few days and she might not see me a lot of the time. She seemed fine with that since she gets the diamond perks with me :p .

My game of choice was bonus poker and spent most of my time at a $1 progressive VP machine. I didn't play as much as I would have liked the first few days and only obtained between 1000 and 1500 tier credits a day. That at least got me a 1000 tier bonus each of those days. By the third day I was around 6000 tier and didn't expect to reach diamond on this trip since time and my bankroll was running out. Until this happened:
    IMG_0047.JPG

First royal ever :thumbsup: . I was playing so fast through my hands I had no idea I drew 4 to a royal. I just saw 4 hearts and held them hoping for a regular flush. I hit deal and my winnings on the bottom left started going crazy. My heart started beating really fast and I was shaking as I tried to take a picture. Slot attendants came over and placed forty one, 100 dollar bills into my hands. Tipped both attendants, cashed out and went up to the room to place my cash into the safe.

IMG_0051.JPG

Decided it was time for dinner, so we went over to the Yardhouse. I had the mac and cheese and a few celebration beers.
    IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0049.JPG

Bear Republic Hop Shovel
    IMG_0064.JPG

Some pineapple drink my girlfriend had
    IMG_0070.JPG

Now diamond quest was back on :woot: . Wednesday I sit down and work a marathon session of bonus poker with the intent of getting at least 2500 tier credits to get that 5000 tier bonus. I sit for hours (lost track of how many) and its going well. I hit multiple 4OAKS that kept the bankroll up and kept me motivated. I end up with about 2550 tier and go to bed in the early morning hours.
    IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

The next morning I get my 5000 bonus and that puts me around 13,500 tier credits. I see the light at the end of the tunnel and now I just need at least 1000 more tier credits to get the 1000 bonus to put me over. A few more hours of bonus poker (losing some money this round :cry: ) I reach my goal and I'm over 15000!

Our last morning we go over to "Off the Strip" at the Linq for breakfast and then I pick up my diamond card :wiggle: A few hours later we check out, they acknowledge my new diamond status, and remove my resort fees. Total hotel bill.... $0.00 :woohoo:

Request our Lyft for the trip to the airport and Enrique was there in what seemed like seconds. Another pleasant ride and we're there in 13 minutes. Another 5 star ride. Nonstop Southwest flight back to Pittsburgh was a little bumpy but not that bad. Now to get back for our longer trip in October. I'm already planning it.

Between all of the video poker we did do our regular Vegas stuff. A lot of eating and drinking, walking, people watching, and I had a few cigars at Davidoff while my GF shopped in the fashion show mall. So some additional random photos of many taken,

Breakfast at Mon Ami. Eggs Benedict and hash browns.
    IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG

Linq
    IMG_0056.JPG

Fish in the aquarium in Forum Shops
    IMG_0058.JPG

At the Bellagio
    IMG_0060.JPG

Flamingos at The Flamingo
    IMG_0061.JPG

I'll probably post more random photos later. Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the Royal and reaching your goal.

• Like Like x 3
  3. bighouse304

bighouse304 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way to put the work in. Enjoy diamond!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow - great report and congratulations
    on your Royal and on making Diamond in one
    trip!! Great Job!

• Like Like x 1
  5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report and royal! That makes the diamond grind a LOT easier! But why 6/5 Bonus after that royal? ;) If you're playing dollars you might as well play 7/5 at all times.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What was your total win/loss for the trip?

7. ogksteve

ogksteve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only reason I played that 6/5 machine was because it was beside the sports book and I wanted to watch some baseball games as I played. :confused:

Overall I ended up around $2,000

• Like Like x 4
  8. Grandmaw

Grandmaw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and congrats for making Diamond. That tier level will make Vegas even more fun in October. Love the pics.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on making Diamond and getting a Royal!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report. Congrats on the wins! How was the Fab Exec room? I have 4 nights comped in one, so considering it for an upcoming trip. Haven't stayed at Flamingo for a few years, seems like it's gone down hill a bit. But love that stretch of the Strip

Vegas Vacation 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  11. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy Diamond! Nice to see your royal!

12. ogksteve

ogksteve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always enjoy the Flamingo and I had no complaints about our Fab Exec room. The extra square footage over the regular fab room is nice, and since they're on the top two floors you won't have that Donny and Marie banner covering your strip view window.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, @ogksteve !

Congratulations on achieving your goal of Diamond and on your first Royal! :thumbsup:
    Thank you for sharing your TR!

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  14. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the STELLAR win (4k) and hitting your goal!!!! Wonderful trip report, and LOVED the pic of the giant, grumpy-looking fish, I love him :)

I had a favorite fish somewhat similar to that at Mirage, didn't see him on last trip and found out he "retired". Dorky, but I was sad. I'll have to go scope out this guy next trip...thanks for the great photo!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing better than a $1 royal to help the Diamond quest. Congrats! I'd expect you'll have a lot more hotel choices for your next trip also.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ogksteve

ogksteve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    View at Mon Ami
    IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

Bellagio
    IMG_0073.JPG

Chocolate Milk stout
    IMG_0074.JPG

Davidoff cigar bar
    IMG_0075.JPG

Spicy tuna roll
    IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

Feeding time
    IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  17. ogksteve

ogksteve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! We stood there and watched that fish for so long. He just made me happy. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. ogksteve

ogksteve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking at the TR booking calendar for our October trip and there are a lot more comped nights in there than there were two weeks ago.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report - great pics....thanks so much for taking us along !! Congrats on achieving Diamond status....enjoy your October trip...may it be as successful as this one :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great report! Congrats on the royal and congrats on making Diamond. I see you hit up one of my favorite places - Yardhouse. Seeing your gf's drink makes me realize I've ONLY ordered beer there and never even looked for anything else. Ha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.