1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo room advice - Fab Executive vs. Studio

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TxTeach79, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxTeach79

TxTeach79 #VLV

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey gang!

So here's the scoop - I'm going out for 5 nights in July with a buddy of mine who, while he loves Vegas, isn't a huge player and doesn't really have any comps to speak of. So while I have CET comps available everywhere but Cromwell and NOBU for the 5 nights, it really does make things easier when we're staying in the same spot... so Flamingo it is. I've stayed there before (but only in a GO room, I realize this'll be different) and I'm not a fancy fella (I love the Flamingo-LINQ-Harrahs stretch and while Paris is probably my preferred spot to stay and play and I end up playing on that stretch more than anywhere else most trips), so I'm fine with it. Here's my question:

The GO rooms, which i love, aren't available for my 5 night stretch.... so I basically have every other option. What can anyone tell me about the Fab Executive vs. the Studio? I've looked at YouTube videos and tried to find info, and the Studio is the most perplexing.... some seem like they haven't been updated in years (tube tvs, etc), some look more current... and I assume the Fab Exec is just a slightly bigger Fab? Any thoughts on which way to go?

TiA!

2. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fab exec is on the top floor, if you look at a pic of the Flamingo on the outside you will see the top floor juts out a bit, that is where the exec gets the extra space from. It also has a fridge in the room. Otherwise, I believe it is the same as the fab room, definitely not as nice as the Go room, but I was there about a year ago and it was good enough for me. I have never been in a studio room, but I noticed one on the top floor when I was walking past on the way to my fab exec.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TxTeach79

TxTeach79 #VLV

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Interesting to know they're BOTH on the top floor.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Studio rooms can be on several floors. I've stayed in a Studio Queen in the habitat tower and a Studio King in the spa tower. I preferred the Studio Queen as it felt more spacious and had floor to ceiling windows. Plus, I've seen a dumpy Studio King that a friend stayed in during the same trip that I stayed in a "somewhat" refurbished Studio King.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TxTeach79

TxTeach79 #VLV

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that's exactly what I've gathered from looking at videos and finding reviews online.... some studios look nice and spacious and at least kinda sorta updated, and others look like they haven't been touched in decades

6. ogksteve

ogksteve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just stayed in a Fab Executive last week on the 28th floor. Two queens, a couch, and a mini fridge with a strip view. As phantomfj said, they look the same as a Fab room, just 50 S.F. bigger. I did enjoy the room through. My trip report has a few photos.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TxTeach79

TxTeach79 #VLV

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Really enjoyed your trip report - congrats on the Diamond! It took me a LOT longer!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.