1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio Slot Tournament Questions

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Ezzy711, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a 3 night comp Bellagio stay for Tues, 5/30 to Fri., 6/2 a few months ago. Last week I received an email with free entry to a slot tournament for the days I would be there. I called to get that added and was told I could either take the free entry or the free stay. I'd rather take the stay. She did say I could check to see if there was still a slot open when I checked in.

The schedule shows Registration Monday, Late registration Tues, Round 1 Tues., Round 2 Weds. then Prize distribution Weds/

I will arrive about 1:30 PM on Tuesday. I've not been to a tournament there before. Here are my questions:
    1. Is it the norm to offer a tournament entry without offering a comp stay?
    2. What are the odds I will be allowed an entry if I just show up?
    3. If I don't get there until 1:30 or 2:00PM would it be too late anyway?

Thank you in advance!

2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you respond to their email and they tell you no because you are on a comp stay?
    Have not heard that one before.
    Do you have a host?Is that who you spoke to or just the MLife boothling?

I would call a host and ask them and worst case check when you get there.
    Sounds like a BS way of doing business.

3. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have a host, I just called marketing. I may try to call again. I thought it was rather odd that she said it was one or another. Thanks!

4. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Bellagio experience with slot tournament invitations has been:
    the offer is a three night comp'd room/suite and entry to play in the tournament; no FP and no food/beverage RC.
    Stand alone offers include comp'd room/suite, X amount of FP, and X amount of RC.
    I had to choose one or the other and could not mix or match, however always includes comp'd room.
    With a host, based on level of play history if you choose the tournament offer, he/she might give you X amount of Resort Credit either when booking or on arrival.

Normal Registration is often in the 5-6 pm timeframe the day before. Late registration is often 8-9am morning of tournament start. But always call to confirm times if your offer doesn't show exact times ( mine have all the details included on the offer).

Some tournaments fill up quickly.

Best of luck! Tournaments are fun!

5. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the replies! I called again and THIS time I was told I could enter, but the late registration ends at noon. My plane doesn't land until 12:30 so I'm stuck anyway. I hope I get invited again, sounds like fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.