1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

POLL: How long does it take you after a Vegas trip to start planning your next?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Multifarious5, Apr 20, 2017.

?

POLL: How long does it take you after a Vegas trip to start planning your next?

1. I'm already planning my next trip before I even check-out

28 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. I'm good...until I'm flying out of Vegas...then I start planning my next trip

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. I'm good for under a week after a trip, then I start planning

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. More than a week, but less than a month

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. I start seriously thinking about my next trip 1-2 months after a trip.

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. 3.1-5 months

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. 5.1-8 months

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. 8.1-12 months

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. A year or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I'm like St on "The Hangover," I hate this $$$$ place and never want to come back!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious how high I rank on the VMB Vegas degenerate scale...

When I say "how long until you start planning your next Vegas trip" I mean seriously thinking about time frames, durations, where to stay. You don't need to be booking rooms, I'm just talking about when the Vegas bug makes you say "I'm ready to come back....and I'm already thinking seriously about dates..."

(Ps, I missed a date frame between 2-3 months, sorry...pick your closest, and it was supposed to be STU on The Hangover)

*****PPS this is basically to gauge how soon you start your Vegas withdrawls. I know many have multiple trips still on the books. Sorry, I should have added that as an option. (I can't add it now, or I would.) If you already have multiple trips plans, just answer it as in "when do you start really analyzing/planning/wishing for your next trip!"

I love seeing how many of us love Vegas so much that "multiple trips already planned" is an option!*****

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have two trips currently on way...and I'm thinking add two more over the summer lol.....
    how was your Vegas trip???? Wish you did a trip report!!! :)

• Love Love x 1
  3. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in vegas may 3rd, 6 nights. I already have tentative dates and rez for August and October.

4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're the best Drew! I have been thinking about a trip report, but so many people do such great trip reports...mine would be pretty boring. I have a blast, but I don't do much beyond play, eat, explore, sleep-in, and relax. Oh wait, many of us Vegas like that...

Maybe next time I'll do a mini one, just for you...it'll be the "Drew Report!" :wiggle::woohoo::wiggle:

PS I hope you can do summer trips, and if you do reports, you know I'll be reading.....and cheering!

• Like Like x 1
  5. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tons of choices, none of them indicate having more than one trip planned at a time.

Need an option for "in a constant state of having multiple trips planned."

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes I already have the next one partially planned, like dates picked and maybe a hotel reservation or two booked if my offers go out far enough.

If I don't, it depends on how the current trip went. If it went well, I start the day after I get home. If I feel like I got steamrollered on bankroll or physically, it takes until the next weekend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually start thinking about my next trip the night before I depart on my current trip

8. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually a year.

9. GrPa

GrPa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100% agree.

10. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My thoughts are all over the place following a trip which influences when I get serious about planning the next trip.
    . A losing trip - ouch - back to reality; it takes a couple months to start planning again.:blink:
    . A winning trip - woohoo - I've got the fever; planning another trip within a few weeks.:woohoo:
    . SWA fare sale - I'm booking - pronto.:D
    . A phone call from my friend - wham - our next trip is on the books, I'm so easy.:evillaugh:

One caveat in any trip planning: our Grandsons activities/schedules take priority, all trips revolve around them.:kiss:

This craziness results in 3-4 trips a year.

11. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually have at least two trips planned or booked at any given time, so technically we would be Poll Option -1!

• Like Like x 1
  12. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dreams of the next trip begin as I return from a trip.

13. sosodef809

sosodef809 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't even begun my first trip yet and I am already planning one next year for me and a bunch of my female friends.

14. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm already thinking about trips 20 years from now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  15. WDMJB

WDMJB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We start the night before we fly out. And now we're planning the next one after that!

16. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is one of MANY reason I love this site! Heck, I try to stay quiet about my trips with anyone else, as people think even once a year is crazy.

Here? My 3, MAYBE 3 trips a year (on a great year) is tame. It's SO nice seeing great people who also love Vegas!

(Ps sorry again for not having the "multiple trips planned" option. Doh! I know many of you do!)

17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have another reason for partially booking the next trip while I'm in Vegas.

I usually end my trips with a 6 or 7 night stay at a CET property. I heavily front-load my play the first 3 nights or so mostly in order to take advantage of the daily tier credit bonuses and also because I need the remaining few days to chill and get ready for reentry to the real world.

What I've found is that after those first few days, my comp availability spikes. I can temporarily book a higher room type or a better property for a future stay. Because their system is temporarily reading me as a $5,000 - $12,500 a day coin in player instead of $4,000 a day which is what my average ends up being at the end of the stay.

Something to watch for if you play the same way at CET.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's on my mind during the trip. There will be things that I wanted to do and didn't have time to get to or my travel companions weren't interested in. But it's probably several months out before I see a good airfare and get the ball rolling.

19. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    always thinking of which dates while im still there...i go 3-4 times a year and march/november are always the same but I tend to throw a june and something september/octoberish

this year ill be there for halloween and into november for SEMA, some of my family wants to go sometime in october so hopefully its the 1st week so I have a lil recovery time.

i was thinking where could I slip a trip in sooner, but seeing as I got my ass handed to me at the end of march, I was debating to go back so soon.

got drunk last night and booked a flight so ill be at ballys June 1st-6th...lol

about 6 weeks to grind and gets some decent play money

20. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked my next one while still on a current one :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.