1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Cabana- Front or back lazy river.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Stinkfinger, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some friends and I are getting a cabana at MGM in June. We want to be on the lazy river but not sure which is better front or back. Both are the same price. Thanks!

2. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done a cabana several times in the back (nos. 9-14) and like these the best. You get the music from Wet Republic and decent shade.
    IMG_3933.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. xraykimber

xraykimber Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are some good videos on YouTube of the cabanas and MGM pool complex. The pricing confuses me. $350 with food and drink minimums. So if you spend $350 in food in drinks is the cabana no charge? Or $350 plus food and drinks?

4. Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $350 is used towards food and drink. Basically spend $350 or more and the cabana is free. Thanks for the tip on shade in the back!

5. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, I've had the #13 cabana ( as well as one next to the Talent pool...oddly that map doesn't show any there, but we were on the 'lazy river side' of the Talent pool on time). #13 was amazing and we're doing the same this year too, it gives you great access to the lazy river as well as Talent pool which is where pool volleyball often takes place. Super fun

Also...$350?? Where the heck are you seeing that price. Granted we're going on a Saturday, but it was $800

6. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the same thing... $350 is REALLY cheap!

7. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a midweek price. (I've also been researching cabanas in June.)

EDC
  8. Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats for a wednesday. Awesome price for a cabana especially food and bev minimum!

9. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh...yeah that IS good. I mean, my group has 6 people (maybe 7) so the $800 on Saturday is actually not that bad since it's still the F&B minimum

10. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cabana 13 or 14 are THE BEST! Been in both of those several times. Back of the lazy river, close enough to hear any music at Wet Republic, and just steps from the water. Both are half shaded for most of the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off MGM Cabanas are awesome. I love that they are FNB minimum instead of a flat rate that includes some water and chips, much better deal IMO.

I have a little different preference than the others. I personally love cabanas 6 and 8 on the left side before getting to Wet Republic. You are closer to bathrooms and can still hear the music. Steps from lazy river. Also, more sun. I prefer more sum when laying out. If I want shade I will go inside the canana bit don't wast the shade from trees/buildings.

I dont think you can go wrong! Enjoy.

12. B Rox

B Rox Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I haven't done a cabana, we did a daybed a couple of years in a row. I agree that the corner in the back near Wet Republic is great. Get to hear the music, but not a lot of people walking back and forth cause there aren't as many open loungers in this area.

13. Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you allowed to bring your own floats/ rafts in? Do you have to rent theirs?

14. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they do have raft rentals available; hadn't done this since we brought in a couple purchased from Target and inflated ourselves

15. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you rent a Cabana you get two tubes included for the Lazy River. They are good quality and large. Otherwise they are about 15-20 each for the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.