1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Cranky Margaritaville Craps Dealer - Steve T

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by bronx12, Mar 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sockobuw

sockobuw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am usually a lurker here, but had to comment when I saw this thread. I was a casual vegas goer (1-2 per year) until the past 2 years when I have made 15 trips over the two years, some involved business.

Margaritaville is one of my favorite tables. It is in a rotation of about 4 tables in CET properties that I lock into. I play only craps so I spend a lot of time at these handful of tables. I preferred the prior location on the other side of the bar. The move occurred sometime between late Aug and mid Oct of '16. There is a late night crew with John and Saba that is my favorite, and most competent.

Now to Steve. I had played with Steve without incident a few times, he didn't really stick out to me. I usually play with a friend and we bankroll together. This trip was Oct of '15. We were having an up and down weekend and it was Sunday afternoon. Steve was there in his best Broncos baseball jersey. I didn't mistype that Broncos baseball jersey.... Anyway, the table was hot all day long, not any great shooters, but it was consistently good. We had turned our $600 bankroll into about $2,200 when Steve started.

We are the tip on wins, or throw the last few odd dollars to the dealers when you bust out kind of players. The way we play and press we either win big or bust out. So the tip is usually between $30-$80 depending on the hit we have. Steve started making some side remarks under his breath about us not tipping. He finally broke and said "boy, you guys tip like angels," directly to us. This pissed me off pretty good. He went on break and we continued to win. When he got back we were up to $3,600ish and a shooter was having a good roll. There was some confusion and a die ended up hitting my hand that was in the bowl. The die went out of the table and onto the floor. You can guess what came up on the shooter's next roll. I felt awful so I made pass line bets for everyone at the table for the next shooter. This enraged Steve even more as he saw me giving money to other players and not the dealers. He kept muttering stuff from the other end of the table toward us. We liked a few of the dealers on the shift and couldn't stiff them when we decided to cash out. We had $3,400 and spread $100 between a few dealer bets and put about half of that down for the dealers. After tipping I went to the other end of the table where Steve was and told him to F himself and quit crying about tips.

A few trips in a row I avoided the table when I saw Steve was on the crew. This past Super Bowl I played there the Monday after the game. Steve was on break when I went up to the table and bought in. I probably would have skipped the table had I known he was working. I am not sure if he remembered me, but I kept to himself. He was doing well for a long time then he snapped at a lady trying to make a bet. He was way out of line and later apologized to her. He said he was abused verbally by management on his break and that was what set him off. The guy is a grade A di ck. I will be sure to avoid the table when he is working, but go when John and Saba are working for competent dealers that make it fun.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. bronx12

bronx12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for your post. Good to hear (which will sound weird), that I'm not the only one who has had issues with Steve. Maybe management will get a hint eventually. It is too bad what has happened with that entire Margaritaville area.

3. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Somebody send this thread to management there.

4. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The moment ANY dealer starts talking about tips is the minute I stop giving them. At a craps table I'm typically playing two way hardways, and I usually dump whatever odd nickels/singles I have when leaving the table. There's not a bigger turnoff though when dealers start actively campaigning for tips, especially when they do it with an attitude. Can you imagine if your waiter came to your table mid-meal and said "I hope you're planning on leaving me a fat tip"???

I used to LOVE craps at Margaritaville. It was my go to spot for playing in the mornings and afternoons, and I loved that you were right by the doorway and got some natural sunlight while playing. The crew was always great as well. However in the last year plus, it's really went downhill. First they stopped being open until like 2 in the afternoon (which meant no morning sessions for me) now they've switched the location of the table and many of the dealers and pit that I used to really like aren't there anymore. It's too bad considering I made it a point to play there despite the fact that I never stay at CET.

5. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know some people won't complain about bad customer service because they think, "what good will it do. It's not worth the effort." But my philosophy is to not tolerate bad customer service. If we as a society always just tolerate bad service then we are doomed to suffering increasing amounts of bad service.

So consider it your obligation to society to call out poor customer service!

6. The Toddster

The Toddster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there on Thursday afternoon for a couple of hours. There were two Steves. One was a tall guy with glasses and a shaved head working the box. He didn't say much beyond "Good luck" when you bought in. The other was a dealer on the table. Shorter guy, glasses, mustache/goatee, and short brownish-gray hair with a slight wave. He was OK but seemed like he could be a jerk about things if he wanted to. Were either of these guys the subject of the thread?

7. bronx12

bronx12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shorter guy, glasses, mustache/goatee looking guy. Small world.

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    interesting description.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.