1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Prime Rib: El Cortez Siegel's or...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by gs32794, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Goofed on title! Sorry guys. Meant " El Cortez Seigels or... "

A friend, who's a Vegas virgin, is coming along on next trip. We'll be downtown Easter Sunday mid-afternoon into early evening. Wanted him to have one of those incredible dining experiences I remember from the 80s. Good food, ridiculously low price.

I saw the thread that mentioned Prime Rib at Tony Roma's and California. But didn't mention El Cortez. Thoughts? As long as the rib is decent. At least a B or B+. Also, please share any other suggestions along the same lines. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. xothan

xothan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Siegel's has my favorite prime rib in downtown, I've tried all of them. Obviously just my opinion.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jerry's Nugget for prime rib! Easy drive or cheap taxi ride from ElCo. (Don't walk!)

4. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can still see the whip marks from the jockey on the cut of prime rib that they serve at Tony Roma's. The prime rib special at the California cafe is okay, but not great; however the meal is inexpensive and includes cherries jubilee for dessert. A better cut would be at the Redwood Room restaurant at the California. I have not had the prime rib since they converted their Flame restaurant into Seigel's at the El Cortez. The prime rib at the Flame was very good as was all of their food offerings. I have heard from several people that the service at Seigel's has been poor lately. Have you thought about Magnolia's at the Four Queens; they have a pretty good prime rib special there. Also I've had good prime rib at Binions Steakhouse, which has an old Vegas Atmosphere and a great view.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the replies.will do research on your suggestions.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DMR= Jerry's Nugget biggest fan :D :peace:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cal vs Four Queens: Cal you get the rinky dink salad bar, Magnolias seemed like a better cut. Neither one of these would be a 'living the life' experience, but they are cheap. I only enjoy prime rib when it is freshly cut at a buffet, don't think that is an option Downtown.

8. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MSS usually has brisket but Sat is prime rib and scampi on buffet

9. davehughes123

davehughes123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Have you thought about Magnolia's at the Four Queens; they have a pretty good prime rib special there."

We tried the prime rib special at Magnolia's at 4Q a couple of years back. It's a good thing that we were drunk because the sides looked like school cafeteria food. Though, if I recall, the prime rib itself wasn't bad and was way cheap compared to what we paid for food at Wynn. At least we got a good story out of the meal.

10. dede021

dede021 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried the Prime Rib dinner at Magnolia's a few years ago and found I prefer the one at Cal, and I really like the salad bar. I am sure some days the cuts can be better than others but I find for the price and the amount of food I go back to the one at Cal every time I am in Vegas. I have been wanting to try Seigel's at the El Cortez since on Wed the menu is half price for Srs. Between going to Happy Hours and meeting friends and relatives for a meal and using myvegas comps its still on the bucket list. I must admit I don't go hungry in Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was torn between Magnolis and MSS. Left it to my guest and he chose MSS. For the price the rib was good and very little grisle. It cut easily even with the table knife. The sides were just ok. Good beer, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.