1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars- Palace Tower construction and cc hold

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by burdog, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got back from LV where we stayed at CP. We had booked a Forum room and were upgraded to a Palace tower room. Having never stayed in the Palace tower we were looking forward to seeing it. The room we were told had been updated and it appeared that way until we did our bed bug inspection. I always check for those little critters, LOL. Anyway the mattress was very old as the springs could be seen trying to tear through the side fabric in numerous spots. So I rotated the mattress 180 degrees to get a firmer part near the head of the bed. OK, no biggie. But the tower is being renovated and sometime in the 9 am area the jackhammering would begin and continue until noon or so when my wife would leave the room. I have very bad hearing and it still woke me up! My wife who is very laid back called down on our 3rd day and they did take off one night resort fee. So just an FYI if you want a good mattress and no construction noise try to steer clear of Palace Tower for a while.
    All in all it was the first time I have been truly disappointed in our stay at CP, (stayed there 5-6 times). And yes we talked about trying to move but it didn't wear on my DW until the 3rd day and by then we were leaving in 24 hrs. So just a little heads up for all
    Also how long should it take for the cc hold to be removed from our statement? My DW likes to check our statement online and we have still show it as pending from Caesars. It has been 4 days and we have never seen one stay on an online statement this long. Will be calling CP billing first thing Monday.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A hold can stay on up to 7-10 days. I wouldn't even worry about it until after that time or if the hold AND room charge were to some how both post to your bill.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen holds go away from a day to almost two weeks. I surely would not take the time to call and get the run around - unless it has an impact on available credit. Even then, the headache could reach the jackhammer level.

With maybe 200 hotel stays, I have never seen it stay put and cause a problem.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, what they said. If it's usually not pending this long, blame it on the extended holiday weekend. Good Friday on. I wouldn't look again until tomorrow or Wednesday. You may be fine by then.

5. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all, I didn't think about the holiday weekend.

6. VegasDaytripper

VegasDaytripper Re-Retired Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one night of resort fee taken off? that's it??
    i would have demanded AT LEAST all of the resort fee to be taken off
    wow
    you two are very forgiving and patient

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What sort of construction is going on in the Palace Tower? We are booked there the last week of May. Any chance it might be completed by then? Thanks.

8. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would guess just remodelling but can't say for sure. Our son stayed in Palace couple years and our room had definitely been remodelled from what his looked like. We were on the 10th floor and the hammering was above us so maybe a lower floor? I would definitely ask about it at check in and try to get a couple floors from it. As for being patient that would describe my DW and I would try to leave and get away from it, but I like to try to get out of the room as much as possible anyway.

9. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Palace Tower room booked for Xmas. Hoping the construction is done by then. Did you have any kind of view from your room? Any suggestions on what side of the tower to request for a view?

10. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still never understand why any one taking trips to Vegas should get worked up about CC temporary authorizations.

If the hold squeezes you to your credit limit so much that you can't use your card normally...then you shouldn't be taking vacations in Las Vegas until you improve that situation. My apologies for the condescending preaching, but making any phone calls to a hotel to ask them to remove an authorization is a total waste of your and the hotel's time.

11. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We hada beautiful view of parking garage, I-15 and the mountains. Seriously tho, the mountains were beautiful and you can get a pool view which was very nice from our son's room.

Never said it was a problem, all I said was we have never had a hold on our cc so long and asked if that was normal!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2017
  12. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    to help clarify... it was an easy (but apparently wrong) jump to assume the OP had an issue with the CC hold since it was asked and OP was going to call. I was thinking the same thing and was also wrong. Sorry.

This is an assumption created by folks that come here often and are not happy about credit card holds or try to find a way around them. That's all. Nothing personal.

13. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Credit card holds are annoying to people for a variety of reasons, yet many around here just tend to jump to the one most convenient and say things like "well, if the credit card hold is a problem, then maybe you should not go to Vegas.'

So...why does a hold annoy me?...well, they can charge everything within seconds of arrival and as it happens during the trip, but they can't seem to figure out a way to get holds released even as they provide the final bill. They'll hold it before you use it and then it stays held after you have paid up. Holds should go away as fast as they appear once you are done with the things that they are held for are billed...that is what is fair to both the hotel and the consumer.

Imagine...Disney does not even do "holds" when you stay in their resorts...they just seem to charge your card when you get about a $500 balance or so. Those holds don't seem all that important to their business--the move tons of money every day...

• Like Like x 1
  14. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen holds from other businesses as well. Restaurants in particular. Sometimes gas stations. and maybe some others. When I happen to notice it online I just chuckle. Yea, it all seems silly and maybe illogical. But - they always seem to clear themselves in time.

The good news for ALMOST everyone is that does not mean diddly squat. It comes and goes. No harm, no fowl.

(for those few folks where it does cause some sort of credit line issue - I apologize)

15. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hold is their deposit against room damage, mostly. I am sure that some rooms have been trashed by people losing and placing the hold gives them some latitude, where as a Disney Land family area doesn't have the wear and tear from irate gamblers or drunk guests. Also late charges also appear that were not added by check out..............................Rick

16. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing is more amusing on this wonderful forum than the 'ole "don't go to Vegas if you can't afford the room holds", especially when you can publish a book from all of the pages devoted to parking and resort feels. Just like those threads, I don't think anyone here had their trip ruined because of the hold, but yeah I'd like to know why it hasn't fallen off, either. Is there a problem or am I stuck in a weird weekend?

17. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in the palace tower last week. Room renovation was very nice. Didn't bother checking for a new mattress ... it was comfortable.

There was noise starting at 9am one of the 3 days ... it didn't effect me as I couldn't sleep in anyway. If I were a late sleeper and was told I was being moved to a tower with construction, I'd probably try to talk my way out of it, even if staying in a lesser tower.

Sorry your experience sucked.

18. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure they are just completing the room renos.

But the renos include a complete redo of the bathroom (new, awesome jetted tubs, new tile and color scheme throughout), so there would be a fair bit of teardown. I have no idea when it will complete.

19. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Folks, holds are not deposits. There is no transfer of funds. It is not an interest-free loan the business is taking out against your credit. You are not paying interest on the hold.

Sorry for beating a dead horse, but in my opinion, people get worked up about holds entirely because they misunderstand one of the things stated above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A hold is an equivalent as it is money from your card tied up and then released upon check out or a few days later. I completely understand the reasoning and my wife was and my daughter is in the hospitality industry. Just semantics, and a comparison,,,,,,Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.