1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Info on Table Games

Discussion in 'Comps' started by texasaggie07, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texasaggie07

texasaggie07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Months ago I posted after thinking that I got the shaft on backend comps when playing at CET properties. First, they did make it right after check-out. Many people asked me why my tier credit score was so low. Well, today I found out why. Table games reward tier credits in wildly different fashion.

Let it Ride - 30 minutes at $100/hand gets you about 125 tier credits.

DJWild - One hour got 225 tier credits at $105/hand.

Ultimate Texas Hold'em - 2 hours got 125 tier credits at $165/hand.

As you can see, tier credits are rewarded at very different levels even if you play at higher levels for longer.

This may be common knowledge but I wanted to pass this along. I was actually shown how this is assigned in their system by a host.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think table games are ever rated very accurately, especially craps.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting.

Using numbers from Wizard of Odds, rounded slightly:

Let It Ride
    • 50 hands/hr, 2.5% theo
    • 25 hands @ $100 = $2,500 bet
    • $2,500 bet @ 2.5% theo = $62.50 in theo
    • $62.50 theo / 125 TCs = $0.50 theo per TC
    • TC earning rate matches up closely with slots.

DJWild, no theo/hands per hr info.

UTH
    • 30 hands/hr, 2% theo
    • 60 hands @ $165 = $9,900 bet
    • $9,900 bet @ 2% theo = $198 in theo
    • $198 theo / 125 TCs = $1.58 theo per TC
    • Theo is theo, but seems like UTH is a comparatively bad game for earning TCs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. texasaggie07

texasaggie07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appreciate the math. Do those hand counts come from Wizard? Seems low on hands/hour vs. reality.

5. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your $165 per hand on UTH was the Ante bet or all chips on table?
    The house edge by WoO is for Ante.
    I rarely seen people bet more than 100 on Ante. Of course I do know there are many high rollers out there.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, Wizard's Let It Ride count is 52, I rounded it off.

UTH, I saw some post on Wizard's board where someone had said they talked to a dealer and the dealer had said they push him to do at least 30. Theo for UTH comes from several places where people who should know quoted that as the theo they use. But I'm not really familiar with UTH, so I can't judge whether that's really a good number to use or what a good blended HA would be.

Upping the hands per hour or the HA would make the TCs even more expensive for UTH.

• Like Like x 1
  7. texasaggie07

texasaggie07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is all chips. They take the ante x6 plus trips bet. I play $25 on the ante so $150 plus the $15 on trips.

8. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Color me confused, but where did you get that "x6" figure from? Did the Pit give you that number after your play? If that is the case I'm thinking you got hosed. I've earned more than that playing craps at $10 and $15 minimums, and the HE is a couple points lower.

Thanks for the post. I think it is interesting to see how many credits we earn at different play levels and different properties. For instance, in AC Harrah's spots me way better for my bets than Caesars, and a little better than Ballys (though Ballys gives me almost zero kickback). Harrah's PHL rates me laughably, to the point where when the SO and I have a night/day out I've mostly switched to, gasp!, slots or VP there, which a few machines are better than decent and run at $10/TC. Otherwise I do a low buy-in just to get my kicks and walk away.

9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you Ante bet was just $25, then the TC you got was on par with other table games.

10. texasaggie07

texasaggie07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I got those numbers directly from the pit boss and the tier scores broken down from a host. Just interesting how some games reward so differently and thought others might be interested.

11. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. It's always useful to see some real life figures on credits earned from table games.

12. The Toddster

The Toddster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On April 2 I played craps for 4 hours at Horseshoe SI. Usually had $10 on the pass line but never more than $15. Rarely had more than $25 or $30 in place bets at any given time and didn't have any for the majority of my time at the table. Thursday I played Crazy 4 poker at $5 to $15/hand for 2 hours, then craps for 90 minutes (betting as I'd bet on 4/2). Nearly 1400 TR points. Is there any way to see when/how many TR credits were added to your account? I won't swear that those numbers are perfect but they're close.

13. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My local posts differently than in AC. Here, they'll put in a number and then the final will be posted by noon the following day. In AC, it's pretty much up not long after playing. Not impossible to find out if you really want to know. If you don't have a host, you could just try contacting whoever the tables games supervisor is there and they can look into it and give you a ball park or specifics, if you're lucky. Most important thing is not leaving the table without making sure they logged your bets correctly or at least decently.

14. texasaggie07

texasaggie07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are curious in the future you can pop your players card in a slot machine and it will tell you your total and how many earned that day. If you do it after each session and keep track you could also figure it out (if you cannot get a host to tell you).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.