1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots High limit slot variance

Discussion in 'Slots' started by Jaygee77, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaygee77

Jaygee77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not much of a slot player, nor am I a High Roller, but I've got $75 worth of free play to use at the Mirage coming up. I figured I might live a little and step into the high limit room for a few spins at a $5 machine. I'm not looking to become a millionaire, so what slots should I look for to potentially turn my FP into a couple hundred dollars or so?

2. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pretty fond of the Double Diamond slots that pay 800 for 1 credit and 1600 for 2 credits. That way you can mix it up playing either 1 or 2 and not be punished on the payoff. Of course it doesn't hurt that I've had wins of $4000 and $1600 on those machines.
    Good luck with what you decide.

Mark

• Like Like x 1
  3. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Jaygee77 - Go for it!

Others may have better strategy but I play a LOT at Mirage and with $75 free play and your stated goal of turning it into a "couple hundred dollars or so", this is how I would play it:

I would stick to a $5.00 denom three reel slot like double gold, Red White Blue, Double Diamond, etc that are just outside the HL room itself - when you step out of HL look straight across the aisle left and right, most of those machines are five dollar slots check out which ones 'speak' to you, lol. (If not betting max, I'd steer clear of any 'Progressive' slots).
    I'd insert a ten or twenty to get the free play started, for example, at a two or three credit 'double gold' machine.

With $75 FP, I would bet one credit and play it through for 15 spins and cash out, ensuring a return of your original investment plus anything you won.

Or, alternate between one credit, two credits, one credit, two credits, etc for 10 spins and potentially bigger win.

Also some $5.00 Top Dollar slots that hit often in that area, but PLAY MAX!

We have usually had some luck doing this wth a hundred and cashing out wth $200-$300 pretty regularly.
    Our problem is plowing it right back in :bang:.

Best of luck and let us know how it turns out!!

• Like Like x 4
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Machines with a LOWER high payout would mathmatically have a better chance of some payouts.

Meanwhile, if you can find any machine, anywhere where you have a good chance to turn $75 in cash or freeplay into a few hundred bucks, please let us know.

5. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, there's always beginner's luck :D
    The OP didn't specifically say 'good chance' as you stated, he said 'potentially' and any machine has potential if one happens to hit the button at the exact right time at the exact right machine. I pointed out a few machines at Miage where this has happened to me fairly regularly; and just as many times or more those same machines have been complete duds. It's all about timing and luck and willingness to take the gamble.

I'd love to hear that he got lucky with that $75!

• Like Like x 2
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True.
    Very true.

If you hit it right, you can easily win $12,000,000 jackpot.

7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're not in the high limit, but I just got back from Mirage. The two games that I found were worth paying more and had some generous, steady payouts were:

Triple Trouble (3 little devils on top)....I'd play $2-$3 a spin but you can go up to $5. Hit one game over $600, and two over $400 for each round... there are two banks of them in separate locations. They're on, or off, so I'd bounce back and forth throughout the nights to try to hit the "on" times. If it's just paying out pennies for a while, it's off. Hop off and try later. When it's on, it is ON, like Donkey Kong. 20170403_235555.jpg I used to love quick hit games, but they seem tighter and tighter. One was new to me though, "Quick Hit Riches" and those bonuses can be REALLY lucrative, and add on some great exponential factors. $3 max spin, aND you need to do max. On the bonuses, those 25k "hits" can shoot up to 780k plus. As we all know, one in a million, but I like that you at least have access to a big hit, but still can easily hit the regular smaller/moderate payouts that a lot of mega million games don't seem to offer easily. Fun game if you hit free spins...

Again, neither are in the high limit room, but those two games became my cash maker games for the trip...and let me grind away for 7 hours a day for 3 days on "their" money.

Since your goal is to turn $75 into a few hundred, I thought I'd mention these even though they're not in the HL room. Good luck, and have a GREAT trip...wish I was there right now!:D

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They could end up with 15 spins of $0.00 each. Sadly there is no ensured return on a slot machine.

If I was looking to limit my risk, and turn free play into real money, and I didn't play much slots, I'd go 15 whacks of $1.00 JOB Video Poker at $5 per spin.

4OAK $125, Straight Flush $250. Hit the Royal, thats $4K with some lower wins tossed in. I doubt anyone would go through 15 spins of VP and not "win" something. But it can happen!

9. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Of the two choices, I agree the 'smart' money bet would be VP, assuming one knows correct strategy for a given game - that would not be me, lol. My VP knowledge/skill level is a slow work in progress, and while I respect those who play and are devoted to VP given the much better odds, it's often too much like work for me :poker::blink: and I'm all about just having fun in Vegas. I'm an admitted and devoted slot slug and know full well the house advantage against me and I'd still give slots a shot with that $75 FP ;).

Lots of suggestions and advice posted here to help the OP

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jaygee77

Jaygee77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up playing 15 spins on the $5 Double Diamond machine with the 4K/8K payouts. I got a couple small $25 wins, for a $50 cash out. Not the hit I was hoping for, but I was glad to walk away with free money on an already-losing trip.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is the machine I was talking about. I have never run my free play through without hitting at least some cherries. Sorry the big hit didn't happen.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.