1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Britney Spears ending "Piece of Me" in December

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by seneca7, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like Brit is leaving Las Vegas, at least for a while. Show at Planet Hollywood ends Dec 31st. (Hot Ticket!) But her manager left the door open for a return:

But that does not mean Brit is finished in Vegas. I asked Rudolph about other venues similar in size and staging to Axis — including The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Park Theater and The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel. All are in play.

“We are done with this show, and our next move is undecided,” Rudolph said Friday. “We are still talking with Caesars Entertainment and other interested parties in Las Vegas.”

“Anything is possible. We have made zero decisions,” he said. “We expect a lot of interest from all parties. Britney basically sells out every show, and she loves Las Vegas, she loves performing in Vegas, and Vegas is a possibility going forward.”

Full story from Johnny Kats at LV-Review Journal:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/spears-to-end-piece-of-me-in-december-but-is-the-show-really-over/

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, her tickets sell and in the final analysis nothing else really matters. Yet when her manager proclaims "we're done with this show" nearly 9 months before the contract ends, it seems the lack of class in the organization does not stop with the "singer".

I can't see Caesars Palace picking up Britney's deal. They get top notch talent with decades of history. The hotel clientele isn't exactly her bread and butter. I would think CP would attach some importance to these issues. Park Theatre makes much more sense to me as the Monte Carlo heads into a different direction.

3. Bunnypanda

Bunnypanda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to love Britney until we went to her concert. I know it's a well known fact that she lip sings, but actually seeing her lip sing the entire concert, and NOT doing it well, really changed my opinion of her.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think when they saw we are done with this show, they mean they would develop a new show for a new residency. Announcing this now is motivation to get folks to see this show and sell tickets. Most acts make similar announcements at the end of a deal.

Britt's been known to be a bad lipsync artist her whole career and mist of her fans know and pay for it anyway. There are recordings of her singing live and its not pretty. It's something that will keep her from growing her fan base.I

I wouldn't be shocked if she goes out on tour before making a decision on Vegas. A good tour should be more lucrative than another residency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been a Britney fan even though I like most top 40 artists. But I hear the show is great. Any thoughts?

6. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Say what you want about JLo, but she works twice as hard as Brit, is a better performer and (for better or worse) sings live. I'm glad she's sticking around.

Brit will tour. She'd easily make quadruple the money on the road.

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the reason her management chose a residency over touring is that it's easier. I don't think she has the stamina to tour.....

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Britt true believers say the show is great. The reaction from everyone else is varied depending on how much the lip syncing bothers them.

I think she has toured since the residency started. It is easier on her to do a residency. But even though she will never be without a conservator, she could probably handle shorter tours if the dates aren't crammed together.

9. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She has shows in the Philippines, Japan, Hong Kong and Israel in June/July - so I am guessing they are testing the waters for a larger tour. I'd imagine more Asian cities/Dubai etc will probably be added.

10. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't it easier on everybody to do residencies? Stay in one place, no travel hassles, suite at your convenience.....she's what, 35 years old? CHER still tours (occasionally, no matter that many have been last hurrah types.) And she's 70 or something with a much more varied selection of tunes. Not to mention....she actually sings.

11. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw Brit last May I guess it was. My wife was never really a fan but wanted to see her show, and I never had much love for her (we're mid-30's so I was a bit too "old" for Brit when she came around).

Honestly the show was good. Production value was good and she's a good performer. We sat far enough away (intentionally) so that the lyp synching would not be obvious, and I think that helped. It was certainly obvious she does it, but with the moves she was doing it would be impossible NOT to lyp synch....of course Brit isn't even a good singer without computers to "aid" her.

12. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bet her next gig won't be at a Karaoke bar

13. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's better talent on The Voice with people that actually sing. I'm surprised her show lasted this long. I've been offered free tickets to this show half a dozen times and passed.

14. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd see her for free even if I am 40 years beyond her marketing base :p

15. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with DJ on this one. I will only pay to see people that actually sing.

16. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny that so many are mentioning her lipsynching issues. If you know audio and/or singing, you'd also know that Celine does her fair share of lipping in her show. It's clear as day if you know what to look/listen for.

A residency is actually more problematic from a ticket sales perspective than most imagine: Spears's target market is much tougher to get repeat customers versus Celine, who's fan is usually older, has more disposable income and will see her multiple times through a run. Britney's people say she's done after only two contracts in Vegas. Dion has been selling out The Colosseum since 2003. That's a huge difference.

17. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

It's not merely that she lip-syncs - she is notoriously bad at it. Throughout her career, she's been accused of not even trying to keep up with her vocal track. She even lip syncs on ballads that other dance orientated performers would go out of the way to sing live. If you don't love her enough or want to see someone really do it live, Brit's show won't make you happy.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dan_Tanna

Dan_Tanna Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The word is getting out. The girl has no talent.

19. mnvbcx

mnvbcx Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She has little talent but she still posseses a hits catalog that rivals any of her thoroughly more talented peers whether its Beyonce or P!nk and easily crushes Christina Aguilera on that front. She did not write any of it, of course (except for "Everytime") but neither did Beyonce. The possibility of bringing her catalog to a Broadway show is not something any of those aforementioned peers could entertain and with the right script will be wildly successful.

20. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    #1 Her catalog of hits is aging and you hear her on oldies stations more than Top40. Pink is still actively topping the charts. And her catalog doesn't compare to Beyonce's, especially if you don't forget her Destiny's Child years.

#2 Beyonce does write and all the other artists mentioned have way more writing credits than Brti.

#3 That last point - I don't see how you get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.