1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

6 Nights at Tuscany TR.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by The Stig, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Weds 29th

I was flying premium economy with Thomas Cook and arrived at the airport in good time. Check in was easy and security was easy to get though and I got myself a beer before going to my gate and getting on board. The flight was fairly easy and I watched a couple of movies. I landed just after 11.30 am local time and the flight was the only arrival into Terminal 3. I was one of the first off the plane and very quickly into immigration. I got quite a friendly guy who noticed my Counts Kutoms t shirt. He asked if I knew anyone in Vegas.

“Only bartenders.” I answered.

“They are the best people to know in Vegas.” He replied.

I went through to collect my luggage and mine was one of the first off. As I was leaving the luggage area and going through customs a security guy said.

“Happy Independence Day.”

It took me a few seconds to get it, of course this was the day we triggered the clause for Brexit.

I grabbed a cab from outside and got to Tuscany. The check in was quick and easy and I was in a third room floor in building N.

I got unpacked and changed and I went to the café in Tuscany for something to eat before heading out. I first ended up in Paris for a drink and then headed across to Caesars Palace and got a ticket to see Rod Stewart for Friday. I got rear orchestra. I have seen him before in Vegas but that was 5 years ago. I had a walk around the Forum Shops and looked around the memorabilia shops. I also looked in the gallery that has sculptures made from recycled auto parts.
    20170329_152626.jpg

20170329_152641.jpg

20170329_152646.jpg

After that I went across the road and had a couple of beers in o Shea’s before ending up in Tilted Kilt. After a few in there I returned to Tuscany as it was now early evening. I decided to have a nap and that ended up lasting till next morning.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed! :thumbsup:

Great start, Stig!
    I'm heading out of town, but I can't wait to get caught up on your TR when I get home! :D

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thurs 30th

After a very good night’s sleep I was up and about for around 10am. I head to the café at Tuscany and get myself an Eggs Benedict and a coffee and that starts my day. After that I have a walk out, I usually turn left and head to the Strip but this time I’m going to turn right. I walk down E Flamingo and get to Silver Sevens. I have never been in here so I have a quick walk around then I walk along Paradise till I get to the Hard Rock Hotel. It’s been a few years since I have been here so I have a look around and take some pics. Also, interesting that they have a notice on the door about a dress code after 8pm.

20170330_114417.jpg
    Ever wondered where your hub caps went.

20170330_114852.jpg
    Elton's outfit for the Dodgers concert
    20170330_115424.jpg
    Mariah's undies sorry it's blurred, difficult taking a pic one handed. (Joking)

20170330_120049.jpg
    Needs no introduction.

20170330_123755.jpg
    Nice cold beer in Twin Peaks

After leaving Hard Rock I walk up Harmon towards the Strip and when I get there I’m ready for a drink so I get myself in Twin Peaks for a nice ice cold beer. I leave there and I head over to Mirage and have a walk around then I get a ticket for Terry Fator for that night. I get the tram over to TI and I hit the VP for a short while as not played in there for a while.

After finishing in there I walk back up the Strip and end up in O’Shea’s for a couple of beers before walking across to Tilted Kilt. I have a few in there and as Iam the wind starts to really get strong. In fact, it blows one or two things over on the LINQ Promenade. I do eventually head back to Tuscany. On the way walking along E Flamingo I notice the police are out at the intersection with Koval. The lights are out but not just that the overhead power lines are down on Koval.

I eventually get back to Tuscany and have a few beers in the bar while on the VP. I go back to my room and get showered and changed and I head up to Mirage for Terry Fator. On the way I call in to Flamingo and grab somr pizza slices to go. I get to Mirage and get a drink at the theatre bar before going in. I’m on the 5th row and quite central so I have a good view.

It’s been a couple of years since I have seen the show and this one is different which is good. He puts on a great show with a couple of new puppets including Donald Trump. My only criticism would be that it felt a little more rushed than the last time. I can’t take away though how talented he is and it’s certainly worth the ticket price.

20170330_190707.jpg

After Terry I went and got a Lyft Downtown and got dropped at El Cortez. After there I went over to Fremont and had a drink in there. I did walk through The D but it was very busy at the bar. I ended up in Golden Gate and spoke to a couple of the bar staff in there while having a drink or 3.

I headed back to the Strip and went to Tilted Kilt for a couple and then over to O’Shea’s for a couple more while saying hello to a couple of the bar staff I know. I then headed back to Tuscany for a drink or 2 before bed.

4. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terry Fator is coming here to MGM Detroit very soon if he hasn't already. Sounds like I need to see him. BUT, I'm getting a major itch to go out for Easter weekend next weekend since I am off work 4 days. The itch is not going away and it seems my once ever 3 month trips are becoming once every 6 week trips.

These trip reports do not help!

5. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friday 31st

I was up and about for 11am and went to the café to start my day. I then went out for a wander and I ended up walking around Miracle Mile shops. Then I crossed over for a walk through Aria and I stopped off for a drink in there. Might have been my first drink in Aria actually, I then walked through to Monte Carlo. There is certainly a lot of construction walls about, especially where the Pub used to be. That was one of my favourite places, I walked through Monte Carlo and onto the Strip. Then back inside through NYNY and across to Excalibur and into Luxor. I end up in the Mandalay Bay shops for a walk around and end up in the memorabilia shop. Pete Rose was here signing autographs in here. He was here in Feb doing the same thing.

After leaving there I walked back through Luxor and Excalibur and I have a walk across to Tropicana. I sit at the bar and start to play VP, I wait awhile but no bar staff come to me so I decide to leave. I walk back up the Strip and eventually reach Tuscany where I settle down for some VP. I play for a couple of hours before heading back to my room to get changed.

I head out to Caesars Palace and queue up for Rod Stewart. I get in and get a drink before going to my seat in rear orchestra. The show is great and it’s been five years since I last saw him live. After the show I head over to Flamingo and I got some pizza before going into the Linq. I get a drink in there before heading to O’Shea’s.

20170331_192805.jpg

20170331_205543.jpg

20170331_193937.jpg

20170331_193953.jpg
    I have a couple in there and then over to Tilted Kilt for a few beers. I head back to Tuscany and have a few in there and some VP before bed.

20170331_163519.jpg

20170331_170724.jpg

20170331_172128.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sure do get around. Sounds like a good trip.

7. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Must be a track star!!

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you can find one of those royals! I'm pissed that Pub 365 apparently won't comp craft beer anymore. :(

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  9. Joejoejackson

Joejoejackson The Max Bet King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun ..Hit-em hard

10. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sat 1st April

I woke around 12 and got ready, I headed to the café for some food and then hit the Toscana Bar for some VP. I was there about 3 or so hours before back to the café for some steak. I then returned to my room for a rest before meeting up with Tony and Elaine (Pebbles). I always like meeting up with then and we met in Tuscany for a beer and a chat. I walked back with them to where they were staying as Platinum. We went our separate ways and I went over to Cromwell for a bit of a perv and a beer.

I then I had a walk over to O’ Shea’s for a few drinks and over to Tilted Kilt for a few more and a chat with a girl I know that works there. I then walked back into Flamingo for a drink then over to Paris before heading back to Tuscany.

Sun 2nd April

This was a deffo lazy day I lazed around Tuscany for a few drinks and video poker. Two late nights had got to me a bit so I got some rest ready for the last day.

11. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon 3rd April

After my lazy day Sunday I was ready for my last day Monday. I started with breakfast in the café before heading out. I called in at Tilted Kilt for a couple. The weather took a tur for the worst and I saw people running up the Linq Promenade like it was disaster. The rain came down heavy for a while before it eased off and I was able to walk over to O’ Shea’s. I had a walk across to Caesars and I walk around the shops before returning to O’ Shea’s for some more drink.
    20170403_135411.jpg
    A bit dull

I return to Tuscany for some food and I go back to my room to get changed and pack some stuff up. I return out and hit Cromwell for a beer and then onto O’Shea’s for a beer or two. Then it’s over to Tilted Kilt for some more before heading to Paris for a couple of drinks. I finish up in Tuscany for my final beers.
    20170403_220452.jpg

Plenty of choice at Tilted Kilt

Tues 4th April

I get a cab to the airport and check in is simple and quick. The desk next to me some woman having a fit as she would have to sit next to a stranger on the flight. Oh the horror. The flight is good on the way back and I end up watching 8 episodes of Law and Order. Never seen it before and it’s quite good.

I get back into the UK at 8am and I get through immigration and get my luggage quite quick.

That’s it till 27th May when my wife accompanies me to Vegas.

12. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May have to hit the Kilt on next trip, very hard to find original Coors on tap and they have it....jerrys nugget has it in bottles..

Have you ever tried the Crown and Anchor, they show the EPL and Bundesliga games early in the mornings and have a nice array of British beers on tap

13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The MGM Grand also has it in bottles, but in high limit only. :(

Nice TR Stig. Hope you get the royal next time!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.