1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan Identity free night

Discussion in 'Comps' started by in4mation808, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know of any room restrictions & rate they use? Our trip is 60-days out & they have a "Mischief Ahead" rate which is less than the "Cosmopolitan Rate." So if booking via Identity, anyone know if they'll be using the Cosmo rate? And what are the restrictions in rooms? Just thought I'd ask if there was anyone with experience with this.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time I used the free room that came with Sterling, they booked me in a City room. I was able to upgrade at check in since I had booked a wraparound terrace for the rest of the (and that it was my birthday weekend.) This was a couple of years ago though.

3. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Thank you!

4. momo325

momo325 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i called in last night and they said i was booked in a balcony room for the free night that came with Sterling. but if i wanted a guarantee fountain view, its and extra $40 (i think).

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure how the retail rates relate to your question. Are you trying to figure out what type of room you'll get for the free night?

Or are you planning to tack a tier-based free night onto a paid stay?

The room you can get for your tier-based free night is based on your play level. If you reached your tier mostly though hotel spend, then it's probably towards the lower end. If it was mostly through play, then it could be higher.

In either case, in my experience, Cosmo is good about letting you upgrade in advance for a fee, and their reservations agents are excellent.

So if it's a situation where you want to book a certain level of room type at the discounted promo rate, and then tack on the free night, and the room you can get for the free night is a lower level than the room you want to book for the rest of the stay, they'll quote you an upgrade fee for that tier-based night.

If you're close to the 60-day mark, don't wait.

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You were robbed, the free Sterling night is supposed to be a terrace studio.

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bastards!

I can't complain too much. They let me upgrade to that wraparound for $50.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used a 'two free nights' mailer there twice, first time I got a City Room, second time I paid in advance for an upgrade. I personally don't think Fountain View is worth the additional fee, but I would probably ask for it at check in.

Bros are back!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.